Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got another. How does a vacuum cleaner with a motor as powerful as a hair dryer cost £199 and a proper one with a motor that's 1300 Electrolux by the way only cost £50? How I wish you could still get this

Not sure what your actual point is here. Hairdryers usually consume around 1800-2000W but bear in mind there is a heating element in there which consunes the majority of that power and the rating on a hairdryer isn't motor power IIRC. A small hairdryer with a 2KW motor would be pretty wild to handle. So not comparable to a vacuum at all.
For vacuums themselves, I assume you mean smaller motors being more expensive?

Motors are not just motors though; induction, brushed, brushless.
Different technologies cost different amounts to produce, R&D etc.
Then you have efficiencies of scale, a smaller induction motor of say 950W is probably as efficient or more so than that 1300W brushed motor.

If you don't understand stuff, its probably best for everyone if you try not to get irritated by it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Teachers !!!! Seriously???? "you've kept the country going". The clown that has just been shown saying this had better not get near me.

Do you think it’s worth having a little think about that comment for a minute and maybe you can then reevaluate and understand how clueless that statement isn

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes it is, she looks like an android in certain angles ?
Are we allowed to discuss the plot? My money is on her father or lawyer friend being involved somehow ?

her dad is too obvious.

my missus has gone from thinking it was Hugh Grant, to it being Nicole Kidman, to her dad, to the victim's husband. She now thinks it's the victim's son :D

I'm with you on her lawyer pal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
All the neighbours putting Christmas lights up because the road next to us has. a) its only the bloody 21st November and b) since when has it become a competition. We have one annoying neighbour that seems to think he runs the street and what he says the outer neighbours sheepishly follow (except us). Very disappointing

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the neighbours putting Christmas lights up because the road next to us has. a) its only the bloody 21st November and b) since when has it become a competition. We have one annoying neighbour that seems to think he runs the street and what he says the outer neighbours sheepishly follow (except us). Very disappointing

I suggested to my Xmas mad wife that we put the tree up one week early just because where else can we go?

She was mortified

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I suggested to my Xmas mad wife that we put the tree up one week early just because where else can we go?

She was mortified
Some radio programmes and other media have been suggesting going up early this year for similar reasons - something to do. I envisage me caving in earlier than usual. Mind we're in a no streetlights area, so the outdoor lights do lighten the gloom.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

She was mortified
I actually think we're past the point of moaning saying it's too early. Only a week and a half until December, and given that we're largely stuck indoors for the time being what better time to do it? Why begrudge someone for an activity they can actually do at home to pass the time and feel a bit more cheerful about things?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I actually think we're past the point of moaning saying it's too early. Only a week and a half until December, and given that we're largely stuck indoors for the time being what better time to do it? Why begrudge someone for an activity they can actually do at home to pass the time and feel a bit more cheerful about things?

I'm actually running out of jobs I'm sure of it lol

Next week I'll wet and forget the garden and I think that's my last job I need done

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Up to a point I would agree but it was more the "the next street has so we need to" that annoyed me more. The other street has always gone to town big time for Christmas and most gardens have the large inflatable santas, more and more lights every year and make it a real effort as a community. We have this one neighbour who has taken it on himself to make sure our street HAS to compete with the other and has railroaded most of the the neighbours into following suit. There is no way we're ever having an inflatable anything in the garden and both HID and I think less is more in terms of decorations and don't want to have outside lights on our house.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe they think you're the annoying neighbour for not going with the flow.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Maybe they think you're the annoying neighbour for not going with the flow.

They probably do. However neither my wife and I have been into decorating our house at Christmas that way and certainly wouldn't do it on the say so of a neighbour and certainly not before December, with or without lockdown. As I said for us, less is more