Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have that delight facing me in the coming weeks. I papered over old and uneven plaster way back when we first moved in nearly 25yrs ago and have painted it quite a few times over the years. But now it is time for me to take it all off and get a new skim plaster applied...

looking forward to it...?

Hire a proper wallpaper stripper, they're not very expensive and do a great job and the hire ones being more of an industrial type will also push enough steam out to clean the walls as well. Just be careful if you do as any poor plaster will blow with the steam but then if it's bad enough to blow it needs repairing anyway. Also, steam enough for the wallpaper to get really wet as it'll come off much easier.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Bikes with no lights or just using flashing lights. I encountered both last night. I've no objection to the flashing lights as long as there is a steady light with it, but I passed one with a steady + flashing light want one with only a flashing light. The steady light was far easier to spot.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Arsenal Villa game being on telly, at 7.15 on a Sunday night. What a rubbish time for a game of footy. Luckily there are no fans to find their way home, but this is just flipping rubbish.

D

Deleted member 18588

Use of the term "HID".

Any student of Arthur Daley would know that it should be "EI" as in 'Er indoors".

And anyway what is wrong with referring to "my partner/wife/husband "?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two and a half hours in Costco. Normal people's idea of shopping: let's make a list, then pop round and get the items on the list and get home. My wife's idea of shopping: let's make a list, then ignore it and instead make it our mission to cover every inch of floor space in every aisle in the entire bloody shop. Because you never know if you want a four-slice toaster, a basketball or a creepy Santa statue until you're looking at one I guess? :cry:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Two and a half hours in Costco. Normal people's idea of shopping: let's make a list, then pop round and get the items on the list and get home. My wife's idea of shopping: let's make a list, then ignore it and instead make it our mission to cover every inch of floor space in every aisle in the entire bloody shop. Because you never know if you want a four-slice toaster, a basketball or a creepy Santa statue until you're looking at one I guess? :cry:
Ha, I thought one of the good things that had come out of the whole sorry situation was that usual "browser shoppers" had become more "hunter shoppers" (i.e. in, grab what you came for and leave).
Clearly you wife didn't receive the memo ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

It's in the female gene. Go shopping and go around ten different places and back to the first one. Same in a supermarket. Ignore the list and trundle up and down each aisle. At least with Covid we've swapped to home delivery so that particular "joy" has gone

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer whining about the fixtures. You're not the only ones you plum, get over yourself.

He's not the only one!
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says the Premier League "has to change" its fixture scheduling, with Manchester City counterpart Pep Guardiola adding that players are not protected.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our greenkeeper placing the tee markers right at the front of the tee areas (y), but not cutting the grass in front of the tees :eek:.
Can takes ages to find tee pegs in long grass , especially when your tee peg doesn't spin back behind you :censored:.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer whining about the fixtures. You're not the only ones you plum, get over yourself.

He's not the only one!
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says the Premier League "has to change" its fixture scheduling, with Manchester City counterpart Pep Guardiola adding that players are not protected.

And Klopp & Guardiola had said that yesterday before MOTD had they, when the comment was posted; or after today's game? At the time it was posted he was the only one!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54866411

Heard anything from Lampard about it; despite having United away at 5.30pm, followed by a 5.55pm in Krasnador on the Wednesday and then away at Burnley the following Saturday? Bit more travel & inconvenience than the home to Arsenal, away in Istanbul, away to Everton run that had Ole spitting his dummy out about "United being set up to fail." Absolutely laughable.

And Harry Maguire's pathetic dive. :mad:

Any comment about that one, and the push that preceded it?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
And Klopp & Guardiola had said that yesterday before MOTD had they, when the comment was posted; or after today's game? At the time it was posted he was the only one!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54866411

Heard anything from Lampard about it; despite having United away at 5.30pm, followed by a 5.55pm in Krasnador on the Wednesday and then away at Burnley the following Saturday? Bit more travel & inconvenience than the home to Arsenal, away in Istanbul, away to Everton run that had Ole spitting his dummy out about "United being set up to fail." Absolutely laughable.

Any comment about that one, and the push that preceded it?

Is that the one where he was kicked by both the defender and the goalie?
Oh, yes, he pushed the 'keeper, it happens.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to every golf shop, website, twitter feed, personality, course and commentator it is, apparently Masters week.....
No..really..?
Tell me again, I haven't quite got the message......