Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seen a few posts declaring "it's winter"

Am pretty sure it's very much Autumn in the UK currently ???
Just waiting for the winter Armageddon headline from the express or mail saying we are going to have the coldest winter, deepest snow etc that they roll out every year

D

Deleted member 1740

I emailed a golf club regarding next year membership but no one's replied. I guess nobody is monitoring the inbox this month. :cautious:

I had the same about 2 months ago, still waiting for them to call me back.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Ebay sellers who put Make Offer as an option on a Buy It Now item then reply to the offer by saying the lowest price they can do is the Buy It Now price.

There were 4 items that I put offers on so apart from the offer price, I stated that I wanted to pay only 1 lot of postage for all 4 (weight and box size wouldn't have been an issue). The counter offer still wants all 4 lots of postage despite telling me that all 4 could be boxed & ready to go tomorrow.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That's why I never put my lights on Auto. If I even fleetingly think "do I need lights" then the answer is always "yes"!

Don't like auto wipers either though! Don't think driverless cars are ever going to appeal. Control freak!

The Auto lights is one of the worst and most dangerous things the manufacturers have ever done!

It’s created laziness, ignorance and stupidity leading potentially to lots more accidents.

The amount of vehicles I see with only their daylight lights on, in the dark, because the driver thinks with their dashboard lit up and a reflection from their front lights when starting up, they are fully lit up, but have no rear lights on, is astonishing!!

They haven’t got a clue that only their front lights are on, which aren’t full dip either, it was frightening early yesterday in the fog!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
NS&I .. premium bonds for the kids. Simple and effective way to save bit of cash for each of the kids for when their older.

Unfortunately they won't let you go paperless for kid accounts so every month 3 letters arrive... Get shredded then get thrown

What a waste of paper

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I emailed a golf club regarding next year membership but no one's replied. I guess nobody is monitoring the inbox this month. :cautious:
If that was Grims Dyke I know that the office manager will be in on Monday so you should get a reply then. They are on a very skeleton staff during this lockdown.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its like a switch has been flicked between yesterday and today and all of a sudden TV is telling me its the festive season and every other advert is Christmas...

7 week festive period? World's gome mad(der).

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its like a switch has been flicked between yesterday and today and all of a sudden TV is telling me its the festive season and every other advert is Christmas...

7 week festive period? World's gome mad(der).

I really like that Christmas isn't even in the top three holiday days here (does make top 5 though)
We'll get a 3 week lead up at most but more like 2 for most places, much more appropriate

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If that was Grims Dyke I know that the office manager will be in on Monday so you should get a reply then. They are on a very skeleton staff during this lockdown.
Yea cheers, I messaged the Facebook page to check emails are being monitored and they said yes, so no rush.