Random Irritations

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got one of the inexpensive sort that I'll use to give it a go. I'm usually pretty nifty getting wallpaper off - even when it's been painted over a good few times - but will certainly bear your suggestion in mind if the going gets tough(y)

Someone told me once to always get the best stripper you can afford …….. :cool:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, that dive. Still no comment on his cheating then?

He was kicked, but he also dived. Yes, he cheated.
Every game players feel a touch and think it's their right to go down without actually being brought down by their opponent.
Well, that's cheating. There really is no other way of dressing it up.
Ironically, often a player is fouled and feels the only way of getting the free kick or penalty is to hit the deck.
Refs should award the free kick or penalty and also book the fouled player for diving.
But that's just my view on it.

As I said before, it happens.
Players push, (foul), other players all the time, I've never said otherwise.
It's not like I was calling for a penalty.
I'm not sure I really get what you are driving at with the 'felt a touch on my knee' quote.
He felt a touch on his knee but didn't think it was a penalty.
What's your point?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He was kicked, but he also dived. Yes, he cheated.
Every game players feel a touch and think it's their right to go down without actually being brought down by their opponent.
Well, that's cheating. There really is no other way of dressing it up.
Ironically, often a player is fouled and feels the only way of getting the free kick or penalty is to hit the deck.
Refs should award the free kick or penalty and also book the fouled player for diving.
But that's just my view on it.

As was shown in the Man City v Liverpool game where Sterling was fouled, tried to stay on his feet and didn't get the free kick. Liverpool then went up the other end where Mane was fouled, went down and got the penalty to let them take the lead.

To be clear - I'm not saying that it wasn't a penalty for the challenge on Mane as IMO it was a clear foul. I'm also not saying that Mane dived or went down too easily. Simply that if Sterling had gone down when he was fouled he would've got the free kick. He tried to stay on his feet and got nothing.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Football. Stupid game.

The FA Cup. Stupid competition.

Marine FC. Stupid football team.

At least by losing in the 1st round to Marine we've saved ourselves the embarrassment of being knocked out in the 2nd round by Havant and Waterlooville.

Portsmouth v Kings Lynn Town (<--- fairly local and my brother used to play for them) is a great draw in round 2.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get one of each type and tie 'em all together. (Just a note, I DO NOT DO THIS, just know a few that do). My mate should do this as well, I've never known anyone loose as many tee as he does. He's even had to buy some!!!!!!
I'd rather they just cut the grass in front of the tees, BTW how long is a piece of string :p