Random Irritations

Wolf

Visit site
Before I start, I am not saying there isn’t a problem in this country.
But, how are these figures gained? If a white person assaulted a BAME person, is it automatically registered as a hate/race crime? I don’t know the answer and think it would be interesting to know how it works. Also, if the assault was the other way round, would it count in the figures?
The below is taken direct from the .gov website those figures come from and can be toward any race or religion and those numbers are gained by the government directly from police forces. So if it was the other way round and say a black man assaults a white man based on skin colour that also is included as a race hate crime. So that makes is fair and representing of true figures.

"This provides information on the number of hate crimes from police recorded data in England and Wales from April 2018 to March 2019. The bulletin covers the extent and trends in hate crime for all forces, with additional analysis based upon more detailed data supplied by 26 police forces on the types of offences associated with hate crime.

Hate crime is defined as ‘any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice towards someone based on a personal characteristic."

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The below is taken direct from the .gov website those figures come from and can be toward any race or religion and those numbers are gained by the government directly from police forces. So if it was the other way round and say a black man assaults a white man based on skin colour that also is included as a race hate crime. So that makes is fair and representing of true figures.

"This provides information on the number of hate crimes from police recorded data in England and Wales from April 2018 to March 2019. The bulletin covers the extent and trends in hate crime for all forces, with additional analysis based upon more detailed data supplied by 26 police forces on the types of offences associated with hate crime.

Hate crime is defined as ‘any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice towards someone based on a personal characteristic."
Thanks for that, clears it up

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trying to cancel my Sky package, I go through the steps and live chat doesn't appear to be an option any more so I have to call them. No problem, I go to the "call us" page and it says I "please don't call us as we are too busy dealing with vulnerable people and key workers"
Wtf!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Trying to cancel my Sky package, I go through the steps and live chat doesn't appear to be an option any more so I have to call them. No problem, I go to the "call us" page and it says I "please don't call us as we are too busy dealing with vulnerable people and key workers"
Wtf!

i had this recently, I eventually got through on live chat (only available certain hours), they then sent me a text giving me a number to call to offer me a better deal. They then called me 4 times in 2 days as well.

Theyre selectively busy if at all!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
i had this recently, I eventually got through on live chat (only available certain hours), they then sent me a text giving me a number to call to offer me a better deal. They then called me 4 times in 2 days as well.

Theyre selectively busy if at all!

Do you recall what times live chat was an option?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Films that start ok, reasonable plot with some interest and then about 3/4 of the way through lose their way and become totally ridiculous...leaving us looking at each other in bewilderment.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Films that start ok, reasonable plot with some interest and then about 3/4 of the way through lose their way and become totally ridiculous...leaving us looking at each other in bewilderment.

That was how I felt with Sunshine, great, tense, atmospheric then decides to become a slasher film in the final act.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was how I felt with Sunshine, great, tense, atmospheric then decides to become a slasher film in the final act.

Seem to have seen so many lately where the script writer either got bored, or lost the plot (literally) or was told by some test audience or other to spice up the ending!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Leaking chicken kiev, never seem to find any that hold the sauce properly.
Didn’t realise you could still get chicken kiev’s. Think my last one was in 1975 !
I love chicken kievs, and a couple of years ago I was actually in Kiev for a wedding. On one of the other nights we ate at a restaurant, so naturally I ordered a chicken kiev, thinking it would be fantastic. Imagine my disappointment when it was pretty much exactly the same as the kievs we get here. Turns out you can't do much different with a bit a chicken with garlic butter in it. :LOL:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
contact your local police force, TVP used to have an advanced rider scheme with police riders, just googled and look at https://bikesafe.co.uk/

IF your lad will listen, most bike coppers are bike nuts too, they like to go quick and have fun, its just a time and a place and the skill to do it safely. Hazard perception, vanishing points etc..

Done well, riding a motorbike can be pretty safe! You learn to anticipate the idiots!!

Good shout, and most if not all forces do them.