Random Irritations

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
After a quick look at Facebook this morning, much the same as yesterday... white people who live comfortable lives telling anyone who will listen that there is no racism in our culture.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
NHS interviews are generally done on a scoring system because as a public body it helps to scrutinise the interview process to ensure fairness. Ask for detailed feedback from the notes they made. There will be a minimum score to get the job - you don’t just hire the highest scoring person if they didn’t reach the required standard.

As for reapplying, it’s weird that they didn’t include a clause saying that previous applicants will not be considered but if your application is recognised by those shortlisting I’d be surprised if you get an interview.
Maybe he did it under a false name and he'll do the interview wearing a fake moustache.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got a parcel coming via UPS today..
Just had an email asking g me if I want to sign for the parcel now....sign in, set up account, sign for parcel now....
Er......no thanks
I'll wait for the parcel to arrive before signing anything.
Why would I sign before I've got it- gives the driver the opportunity to not deliver it.....not saying he wouldn't.
Is this normal with UPS?
Haven't had a delivery from them in some time.....

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just had an email asking g me if I want to sign for the parcel now....sign in, set up account, sign for parcel now....
Er......no thanks
Why would I sign before I've got it- gives the driver the opportunity to not deliver it.....not saying he wouldn't.
Is this normal with UPS?
Yep standard at the moment.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
After a quick look at Facebook this morning, much the same as yesterday... white people who live comfortable lives telling anyone who will listen that there is no racism in our culture.

Do people even dislike other people because of the colour of their skin anymore? I’d say Britain is very inclusive now, and I grew up in an old BNP and NF stronghold. It’s not what it was 20 years ago where I’d walk in a pub and whitelaw we’re playing and golliwogs hanging from the ceiling.
I just don’t see or hear racism anymore apart from what negativity the media spouts out.
As Morgan Freeman said racism exists because you keep talking about it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do people even dislike other people because of the colour of their skin anymore? I’d say Britain is very inclusive now, and I grew up in an old BNP and NF stronghold. It’s not what it was 20 years ago where I’d walk in a pub and whitelaw we’re playing and golliwogs hanging from the ceiling.
I just don’t see or hear racism anymore apart from what negativity the media spouts out.

B9BA28EA-B428-4E70-8CC6-70921EE51341.jpeg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Er......no thanks
Is this normal with UPS?
You will not be signing for it anyway at the moment. They will either sign for you or take a picture of you with the parcel. If you are not in they will either take it away or leave it somewhere and take a picture, to show it has been delivered. We get deliveries in from all of the carriers and I have not signed for anything for over 2 months now.

It is not normal as such, it is the new normal that is happening until the old normal returns o_O

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You will not be signing for it anyway at the moment. They will either sign for you or take a picture of you with the parcel. If you are not in they will either take it away or leave it somewhere and take a picture, to show it has been delivered. We get deliveries in from all of the carriers and I have not signed for anything for over 2 months now.

It is not normal as such, it is the new normal that is happening until the old normal returns o_O
I've had deliveries and not had to sign but not been asked to sign before delivery before.....
Good job I didnt..still hasn't come:LOL:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
*cringe*

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Propane gas Cylinder charges, non refundable , what's the point. So when you leave the gas supplier you're left with a cylinder,they'll take it back for free of course.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The boy is out motorbike shopping :(...
Thought (hoped) he'd got that out of his system...
contact your local police force, TVP used to have an advanced rider scheme with police riders, just googled and look at https://bikesafe.co.uk/

IF your lad will listen, most bike coppers are bike nuts too, they like to go quick and have fun, its just a time and a place and the skill to do it safely. Hazard perception, vanishing points etc..

Done well, riding a motorbike can be pretty safe! You learn to anticipate the idiots!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had deliveries and not had to sign but not been asked to sign before delivery before.....
Good job I didnt..still hasn't come:LOL:
To be fair, that is an odd one. It does seem to be one that could be open to abuse.

Ups are one of the better ones but they still have issues. DHL tend to be the best. Most of their drivers are employees rather than contractors so they follow the rules more. If not they have more to lose.

Wolf

Visit site
Perhaps where you live is all sweetness, but its not all media negativity. Racism is not getting better its getting worse. Im sorry but even Morgan Freeman has that wrong to merely not talk about it is to brush it under the carpet and allow oppression to continue..

And the number of racial hate crimes in England & Wales is growing year on year..

You must lead a sheltered life if you don't at least come across some of these in the news unless they're the stories you believe are purely media spouting negativity.

Screenshot_20200603_175939_com.android.chrome.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps where you live is all sweetness, but its not all media negativity. Racism is not getting better its getting worse. Im sorry but even Morgan Freeman has that wrong to merely not talk about it is to brush it under the carpet and allow oppression to continue..

And the number of racial hate crimes in England & Wales is growing year on year..

You must lead a sheltered life if you don't at least come across some of these in the news unless they're the stories you believe are purely media spouting negativity.

View attachment 31021
That is a disturbing list. I'm hoping that part of the reason for the increase in numbers year on year is that both the police are better at acknowledging and recording this type of crime and that people on the end of these crimes are more willing to come forward. The alternative option would be very sad indeed.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That is a disturbing list. I'm hoping that part of the reason for the increase in numbers year on year is that both the police are better at acknowledging and recording this type of crime and that people on the end of these crimes are more willing to come forward. The alternative option would be very sad indeed.
Before I start, I am not saying there isn’t a problem in this country.
But, how are these figures gained? If a white person assaulted a BAME person, is it automatically registered as a hate/race crime? I don’t know the answer and think it would be interesting to know how it works. Also, if the assault was the other way round, would it count in the figures?