Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I mentioned, we lost the contract for the project I was working on. I've not been to the office in 10 weeks, but now they're saying we need to go in and box up all our stuff that is there in order to courier it to our next project (I don't have one yet) or to our homes. I don't really want to travel on the tubes just for the sake of some old files, old laptop and a pair of shoes I left in my drawer, but it looks like I'm going to have to. :(

P.S. Other irritation - finished reading my emails by 9:15 and that's work done for the day since I don't have a project to work on. So I guess I just sit here at my desk for a while waiting for something to happen..

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Angry, middle aged white people telling me that black people bring their problems on themselves due to gang culture, laziness or whatever other racist nonsense they want to justify their beliefs with.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to laugh at all those protesters black /ethnics protesting about being treated stereotipically (made up word) and then they all react stereotipically therefore reinforcing what others think. You gotta laugh really.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Have to laugh at all those protesters black /ethnics protesting about being treated stereotipically (made up word) and then they all react stereotipically therefore reinforcing what others think. You gotta laugh really.
No. You really don’t have to laugh.

You could try and understand why racist white people hold these stereotypes which force disenfranchised communities to protest/riot/loot because it ends up being the only option they have because anything peaceful is ineffective.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. You really don’t have to laugh.

You could try and understand why racist white people hold these stereotypes which force disenfranchised communities to protest/riot/loot because it ends up being the only option they have because anything peaceful is ineffective.
No problem with protesting.
Rioting and more so looting are unacceptable.
Non whites can be rascist as well.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So you’re saying rioting and looting is ok, and non whites cant be rascist?
I’m saying that when peaceful protest does nothing and systemic racism goes unchecked that I understand why rioting occurs. Human history tells us that you can only oppress people so much before violence is the only thing they have left to turn to.

And your point about racism is so vacuous that I’ll give you a chance to retract your stupid question.

D

Deleted member 18588

So you’re saying rioting and looting is ok, and non whites cant be rascist?
I would say that it depends upon what is your definition of racism.

If you merely include prejudice against another based solely upon their race, then yes all of us are capable of racism.

If, however, you extend it to include oppression as well as prejudice then that's a different matter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just found out that they're doing a sequel to Suicide Squad, and they're calling it The Suicide Squad. How dumb is that? That's just confusing.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m saying that when peaceful protest does nothing and systemic racism goes unchecked that I understand why rioting occurs. Human history tells us that you can only oppress people so much before violence is the only thing they have left to turn to.

And your point about racism is so vacuous that I’ll give you a chance to retract your stupid question.
Agree to a point, except with the looting bit. Its opportunist and devalues the core ideal of any protest. You could argue though it’s a side affect of the type of society we have created. This biggest issue with the looting is that it serves give the ‘right’ a narrative, and allows deflection.

Human history also tells us that violence without political process is ultimately pointless. The most powerful tool is still the ballot box

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can we get back on track please

Posts about the troubles in the states belong on that thread
ta
‘Have to laugh at all those protesters black /ethnics protesting about being treated stereotipically (made up word) and then they all react stereotipically therefore reinforcing what others think. You gotta laugh really’

^^^this needed to be addressed