Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Population growth. Between mid 2017 and mid 2018 the uk population rose by about 400k
No reason to suggest it wasnt similar last year....
That is an annoyingly good and simple answer :LOL:. Next I have to work out why people are expanding up here, there is no noticeably new work for people to do.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I needed to send a sample to a potentially new customer in Morocco. The total order value likely to happen is not great, carriage costs there are high. I decided to send via Royal Mail International service, signed for. 5 days, no problem. I checked the tracking this morning and the parcel is in Mexico :eek:. Wrong country, wrong continent. How, just how?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Its god awful like everything she makes. How that is classed as musical talent I'll never know yet my daughters tell me i clearly know nothing about music as they think shes brilliant ?

My dad once said to me ''If I couldn't write a better song than that, I'd shoot myself.'' I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody at the time.
:)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a question (not aimed at you steve, but in general!). If we need to build 200k+ houses per year, let's say that an average of 2.4 people per house, that's 480,000 people to be housed, correct??

Where are these people living today???

Some are in temporary accommodation, some are in overcrowded accommodation (ie living at home), population is increasing, demographics are changing, plenty of reasons. As big if not a bigger issue is that were often building the wrong housing in the wrong place and couple that with an older generation that is less likely to move/downsize the supply to market is a long way from optimal to what is required

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its god awful like everything she makes. How that is classed as musical talent I'll never know yet my daughters tell me i clearly know nothing about music as they think shes brilliant ?

Slow sultry whispering garbage, the only thing I can say in its favour, it doesn't have that stupid autotune robotic effect which seems to be in all current pop music.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought this at first but I’ve done some reading up and I think they’re doing the right thing.

Yeh I don't fancy catching it...

I have to be at the Excel Arena for 2 days next week, my colleague from Milan who has visited China and had Pneumonia in the last 2 months will be there, along with 15,000 others. And that's before I get the train to Paddington and the tube across London. Oh and i have an autoimmune disease, so no idea if that makes me higher risk or not, but its never normally a good thing!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeh I don't fancy catching it...

I have to be at the Excel Arena for 2 days next week, my colleague from Milan who has visited China and had Pneumonia in the last 2 months will be there, along with 15,000 others. And that's before I get the train to Paddington and the tube across London. Oh and i have an autoimmune disease, so no idea if that makes me higher risk or not, but its never normally a good thing!!

sounds like a good time to self isolate to me Scooter ;)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dad once said to me ''If I couldn't write a better song than that, I'd shoot myself.'' I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody at the time.
:)

Now my Dad thought that was absoultely brilliant and then saw Queen on TOTP - he was shocked such a bunch could produce such a sound!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a question (not aimed at you steve, but in general!). If we need to build 200k+ houses per year, let's say that an average of 2.4 people per house, that's 480,000 people to be housed, correct??

Where are these people living today???
I don't see anyone wanting to build many homes (for rent/councils) all the time the "right to buy" legislation gives occupants the chance to strip ownership away from the landlord/council.