Random Irritations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am curious as to why the developers/builders are not liable under consumer regulations for 'selling' houses 'not fit for purpose'.

got to build 200k+ houses a year the powers that be can only blame the developers so much so some planning decisions are on the lax side. The real issue is the lack of a proper coherent long term plan but dont hold your breath for one of those

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Seeing a 24 hour old 'driver testing opportunity' thread after it's been 'closed for further replies' and it's just 10 minutes down the road!
:cry::cry::cry:
surely its just the thread thats closed and you can still email Mike?

edit: you can youve until March 10th! Mike just doesnt want all the garbage comments about it not suiting some people!

Fundy wins the cool points, yes the thread is shut for replies, but stickied at the top of The Lounge for all to see.

Feel free to enter and good luck

Wolf

Visit site
BT sport on my tv, trying to watch the Arsenal game. When players are stood still the image is crystal clear, any player moving its more pixelated than a 1980s atari game ?

Wolf

Visit site
and still Karen Carneys commentary is somehow worse! At least i can mute that I guess
Wish I had that problem but god she is awful on commentary.

I've had to turn if off, its completely unwatchable all 3 BT sports channels the same, no issues with anything else. Im even able to watch the MLB spring training games which I have though an app with pure clarity ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing a 24 hour old 'driver testing opportunity' thread after it's been 'closed for further replies' and it's just 10 minutes down the road!
:cry::cry::cry:
My random irritation is that I meet every criteria except for the fact I bought a new driver in October, ha. Prior to that I was using a three year old one.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
got to build 200k+ houses a year the powers that be can only blame the developers so much so some planning decisions are on the lax side. The real issue is the lack of a proper coherent long term plan but dont hold your breath for one of those

I have a question (not aimed at you steve, but in general!). If we need to build 200k+ houses per year, let's say that an average of 2.4 people per house, that's 480,000 people to be housed, correct??

Where are these people living today???

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have a question (not aimed at you steve, but in general!). If we need to build 200k+ houses per year, let's say that an average of 2.4 people per house, that's 480,000 people to be housed, correct??

You have kids living at home who want to fly the nest (assuming they can afford it), couples splitting, immigration, relocating..
On the other hand you have those moving in with each other but i doubt they will offset the others...
And different sizes of house..the "young exe0" who need a bigger house for their brood and BMW's move into a house vacated by a widow or divorcee who down sizes to a newer bungalow or small house...
Plenty of reasons...just dont build the damn things on flood plains......Vale of Aylesbury is one big flood plain and they're chucking them up anywhere they can

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I ask that question up here and I have yet to get a decent answer. Hopefully someone can up with one. In Northumberland we have had no new industry start up, no influx of migrants, no population surge yet they are building as though there was no tomorrow. I don't understand who they are building for, where are the people coming from.

Different story in the SE but elsewhere, it is a mystery

IMURG, I see your post but that has always happened has it not? Why the urgency now?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The new James Bond song, Jesus H what a boring bag o $hite, and I thought the Adelle one was bad ?
I really wanted to like it, getting fed up of my daughter thinking I'm a grumpy dad, but you are spot on. It is a painting by numbers Bond tune, the sort any musician could knock out in 30 minutes. I didn't necessarily expect to like a song by her, and was okay with that because she is meant to be an edgy 18 yr old, but I at least wanted it to be a bit challenging. In the end it is plain dull.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I ask that question up here and I have yet to get a decent answer. Hopefully someone can up with one. In Northumberland we have had no new industry start up, no influx of migrants, no population surge yet they are building as though there was no tomorrow. I don't understand who they are building for, where are the people coming from.

Different story in the SE but elsewhere, it is a mystery

IMURG, I see your post but that has always happened has it not? Why the urgency now?
Population growth. Between mid 2017 and mid 2018 the uk population rose by about 400k
No reason to suggest it wasnt similar last year....