Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not having a pop but seriously as a Greens Chairman I would not be sanctioning any scheduled machinery maintenance/ repairs at the weekend as the course is priority.
We have one guy on and he swishes/mows greens , moves markers and or ropes etc and starts around 40 mins before first tee time ( weekends everyone starts on 1st tee) and they are generally done in 2.5 hrs . In main season holes changed the evening before . What do they do if there's a frost at 4.30 ?
No idea. Its just how the club want it run

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Have you thought about trying some boots for him? Might mean he gets out sooner and protects the wound from re-opening?
the boots just get chewed, found a better solution, got an old pair of sealsking waterproof mountain bike socks and two strips of velcro.

this is what ive been putting on him when he's out for pee in the garden

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thieving gits. Big social do at the club last night so a few left their cars. We have a key pad operated gates in the entrance but our assistant pro had his car window smashed and they got in and nicked his clubs. New pro had his car done and his laptop taken from the boot. Several other cars had doors tried and a window broken. Steward locked up about 1.00am and green staff on site at 4.30 so someone must have known and knew the code in and out
Our car park was done a few years ago after a social event. If I know that I will be leaving my car overnight I park it on one of the neighbouring streets. It won't guarantee that it will not be targeted but the odds are reduced.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our car park was done a few years ago after a social event. If I know that I will be leaving my car overnight I park it on one of the neighbouring streets. It won't guarantee that it will not be targeted but the odds are reduced.
Our club is situated off a main road that runs from Ascot high street towards Swinley Bottom on the race course. It is secluded so the option to street park doesn't really exist.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big outdoor Superbowl party at the hotel in Mexico. First the coverage stopped working for about 10 minutes, then the heavens opened and there's limited room in the theatre bit where the screen is.
Suppose we will have to evacuate to the 24hr sports bar ????

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
All wrong.
The ONLY flavour is ready salted.
Haha, I dont suppose you have a collection of beige cardigans do you? :p
I will confess that ready salted in a crisp sandwich are perfect. But Salt n Shake? what the hell, I want to open a a bag then eat not have to finish the factories job for them and add the salt.

D

Deleted member 15344

People using derogatory comments indirectly towards other posters all because others have a different point of view and some happen to agree with that point of view - even funnier when someone uses a new derogatory term and others latch onto it - they know who they are ?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
England golf website :poop::poop::poop:

Seniors series comps go live at 9.00 and site crashes.
Booked into the Tassie at Carnoustie in September at 7.00pm and by 7.03 it was full with all competitors processed (350) , come on England golf get your act together :mad::mad::mad:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Picked up a new car last Monday... on Friday it got scratched by an a-hole who decided to fit into a space way too small. He shunted the car behind further back then shunted mine forward. The one behind got the worst damage. So tempted to key him but it was a battered wreck anyway. And then yesterday evening I get a flat tyre - huge nail.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Picked up a new car last Monday... on Friday it got scratched by an a-hole who decided to fit into a space way too small. He shunted the car behind further back then shunted mine forward. The one behind got the worst damage. So tempted to key him but it was a battered wreck anyway. And then yesterday evening I get a flat tyre - huge nail.
You want to take it back, it is obviously a bad un :cry:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
is that in Spain??

it can't be a suprise can it, the state of the parking and driving in Spain makes UK look good.... when we were in Seville recently walking along the side streets, every car was dented and how they got in to some of the spaces was ...:ROFLMAO: and how they got out would be a challenge to say the least:LOL:

Wolf

Visit site
Getting a parking charge notice from Northampton court stating I owe £200 for a parking fine for a car park in Gainsborough that wasn't physically possible for me to get considering my car on that date and time was parked in a secure long stay car park at Manchester Airport and the only 2 people that could possibly drive the car (my wife and I) were in Italy with the car keys in a safe in our hotel room...

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People using derogatory comments indirectly towards other posters all because others have a different point of view and some happen to agree with that point of view - even funnier when someone uses a new derogatory term and others latch onto it - they know who they are ?
Not just on the forum- getting more prevalent in all walks of life on many subjects

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
knocking a cup of coffee over. It has gone into the keyboard and dripped into my trays and inside my drawers and everything stinks of coffee and soaking wet

Nah not having it, there's no way the NHS doesn't have a 'no open cups/bottles' desk policy (& if by some chance they really don't have one then they are in dire need of some more administrators to correct this oversight) (y)