Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Whacked into a massive pot hole in the dark last night. Need to check my tyre for damage next time I am about in daylight. Real bang when I hit it. I was only on the A3090 because they had shut the M27 / M3, so I was on a detour. That tyre is pretty much brand new too.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Whacked into a massive pot hole in the dark last night. Need to check my tyre for damage next time I am about in daylight. Real bang when I hit it. I was only on the A3090 because they had shut the M27 / M3, so I was on a detour. That tyre is pretty much brand new too.

Ouch!, there is a road I have to go down to get to my sons school and its essentially pot holes joined together with bits of road. Pretty sure my car is going to start falling apart like a clown car one of these days!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nah not having it, there's no way the NHS doesn't have a 'no open cups/bottles' desk policy (& if by some chance they really don't have one then they are in dire need of some more administrators to correct this oversight) (y)

Detached office in non-clinical area so free to go to the kitchen and make a drink as and when. You are correct though in all clinical areas there is a no open cups/bottles policy and no drinks or food in a bed space. Even our Ward Manager will make a brew and take it to his office on admin days so I'm not being any form of rebel

Robin Hood

Visit site
Getting a parking charge notice from Northampton court stating I owe £200 for a parking fine for a car park in Gainsborough that wasn't physically possible for me to get considering my car on that date and time was parked in a secure long stay car park at Manchester Airport and the only 2 people that could possibly drive the car (my wife and I) were in Italy with the car keys in a safe in our hotel room...
Sounds like your car Reg has been cloned.
What next - speeding tickets, red light cameras and bilking ?
Let's hope not ???

Wolf

Visit site
Sounds like your car Reg has been cloned.
What next - speeding tickets, red light cameras and bilking ?
Let's hope not ???
Possibly thats what has occurred but should be resolved now spent the whole morning providing all the evidence of where the car was on that date along with where we were. So wait and see?

It's when someone tells your wife it has been seen in a local dogging location that you need to start worrying.
Im alright on that front she knows it wouldn't be me there as that would involve being sociable to strangers and apparently im to miserable to interact with people outside of work ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ouch!, there is a road I have to go down to get to my sons school and its essentially pot holes joined together with bits of road. Pretty sure my car is going to start falling apart like a clown car one of these days!

Just checked. I now need 2 new tyres. Pity, as they were pretty much brand new. Pirelli p zero, 255 35 r19, and 285 30 r19. Not cheap.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

the detour for the bridge itself enough to be on this thread!!!!! the tyre just overkill :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tradesmen!!!

Today specifically my sparky (oh sorry mate I ordered it but completely forgot). If he doesnt show on Friday im in a big hole and Id rate him 50/50 to do so :( Excellent sparky, horrible communicator lol

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
One assumes "tyres" are the same as tires---the noun, not the verb (not to be tiring).
I guess those things are expensive everywhere.

I think we have Michelins on the Grand Cherokee but I'm not certain.
I let the Gestapo (my wife) take care of auto maintenance, because she being Irish and I being Italian, I obviously have to do the cooking.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Low profile tyres rarely/never win the pothole battle - I guess you might be thankful the rims are OK

The outside edge looks ok, no idea about the inside. Find out when the take the tyres off I guess. Hell of a pot hole to have on an A road. Lucky not to have damaged the suspension. I hope!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
why have a road closed to certain vehicals and no one to stop said vehicals ignoring its and driving on there anyway..

A9 shaut to High sided today until one goes on it gets blown over and the whole road closed causing a 20 mile detour... same with the A1 back at the begining of Jan