Random Irritations

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Off subject, but some English (all British Isles, actually) actors do excellent American accents. Peter Sellers could do about a half-dozen various American regional accents. These days, so can most of them, actually.

I have no idea how Americans actors do with your various accents as I wouldn't be able to tell as well as you.

Any comments?
There's been some bad 'uns.

Any from the Frasier series.
Of course, the sweep from Mary Poppins

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The people who run our Sunday League are a shower of useless tossers. For the third time this season there are three games booked for two pitches at our ground. The fixture secretary's excuse is that there are too many teams playing there and we should all contact each other to get our games moved about. You're the bloody fixture secretary not us! We've been playing there for three years. He just takes no responsibility for the fact he hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

Wolf

Visit site
The people who run our Sunday League are a shower of useless tossers. For the third time this season there are three games booked for two pitches at our ground. The fixture secretary's excuse is that there are too many teams playing there and we should all contact each other to get our games moved about. You're the bloody fixture secretary not us! We've been playing there for three years. He just takes no responsibility for the fact he hasn't got a clue what he's doing.
Fixtures secretaries are one of the reasons i gave up running a team. One of my favourites was when not on 1 or 2 occasions but 3 occasions in the same season we were allocated double header games 2 of which were to be played at exactly the same time at locations 30miles apart and the other was at the same location at the exact same time.. How were we meant to play any of those games, yet the blame was put at our door for failing to field a team in each of the extra fixtures...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fixtures secretaries are one of the reasons i gave up running a team. One of my favourites was when not on 1 or 2 occasions but 3 occasions in the same season we were allocated double header games 2 of which were to be played at exactly the same time at locations 30miles apart and the other was at the same location at the exact same time.. How were we meant to play any of those games, yet the blame was put at our door for failing to field a team in each of the extra fixtures...
Yeah, he's just said on the email how there isn't enough time left for all the games - so we'll end up with double headers as well probably. Despite the fact we've not missed a single Sunday of our own accord. There were at least 3 Sundays before Christmas where we were available but not given a game. Stupid.

Wolf

Visit site
Yeah, he's just said on the email how there isn't enough time left for all the games - so we'll end up with double headers as well probably. Despite the fact we've not missed a single Sunday of our own accord. There were at least 3 Sundays before Christmas where we were available but not given a game. Stupid.
Its ridiculous how they get it so wrong in my last season running it we were given a double header on the same day we were playing in the League cup final, hosted by the league and all their representatives were there to do the obligatory duties, yet the fixtures Secretary tried to claim he had no idea we were in the cup final so couldn't be expected to know the league game needed changing. Quite ironic considering he was in charge of arranging that fixture and the ground we were playing it at and the fact he was there watching ?. That was officially my last game in charge and playing, never bothered since as it was taking up to much time and not enjoyable. Still i had the last laugh as he handed me my winner's medal and trophy ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its ridiculous how they get it so wrong in my last season running it we were given a double header on the same day we were playing in the League cup final, hosted by the league and all their representatives were there to do the obligatory duties, yet the fixtures Secretary tried to claim he had no idea we were in the cup final so couldn't be expected to know the league game needed changing. Quite ironic considering he was in charge of arranging that fixture and the ground we were playing it at and the fact he was there watching ?. That was officially my last game in charge and playing, never bothered since as it was taking up to much time and not enjoyable. Still i had the last laugh as he handed me my winner's medal and trophy ?
Honestly, I know they are volunteers but they are so spectacularly bad at it. When he gets it wrong we're left to figure it out, then when we go back to them they just wash their hands of it and tell us to sort it out. Even some acceptance that they made a mistake would go a long way but we just get excuses and told to sort it ourselves. Oh, and this fixture sec is also affiliated with one of the clubs in the league so they get preferential treatment of course.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
False equivalency. If one person makes a flight and influences two people not to make a flight, that’s a net positive. Scale that up to the number of people the likes of Attenborough or Thunberg actually influence and of course it’s the right thing.
Attenborough has been flying around the globe for 70 years. Typical case of "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO."
I'll listen to Greta but not to David.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 'fitting' booked at AG tomorrow (I just want to try hitting some driving irons) - I emailed them just to check they actually have the ones I particularly want to hit available, no response. Tried calling, no answer. So fingers crossed I don't have a wasted journey then. If they don't have them in I'll just spent an hour smashing my own clubs at a screen I guess.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Google changing the format of search results to show "favicons" (had to Google that!). Just looks messy and much harder to see the URLs so you can select correctly from the search results.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I popped to the doctors with a prescription for a supply of a daily tablet that I need.

I have taken them for 3 years and had a "repeat prescription " review 2 years ago where the doctor said he'd ok them for permanent supply. So the in house pharmacy now say I need to see the doctor for a review, went to reception to be told that there are no appointments available for 2 weeks. I asked if the doctor could deal with it by phone but, no, I have to be seen apparently. So, I now have to phone next week to make an appointment I dont need, to see a doctor who doesn't need to see me, as the supply was made initially by a consultant and they cant be stopped. So quite a lot of wasted time and money all round!

D

Deleted member 16999

Being at a Slipknot concert with my lad, his favourite band! Support act is Behemoth. ?‍♂️

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I popped to the doctors with a prescription for a supply of a daily tablet that I need.

I have taken them for 3 years and had a "repeat prescription " review 2 years ago where the doctor said he'd ok them for permanent supply. So the in house pharmacy now say I need to see the doctor for a review, went to reception to be told that there are no appointments available for 2 weeks. I asked if the doctor could deal with it by phone but, no, I have to be seen apparently. So, I now have to phone next week to make an appointment I dont need, to see a doctor who doesn't need to see me, as the supply was made initially by a consultant and they cant be stopped. So quite a lot of wasted time and money all round!
My youngest daughter tore her ankle ligaments when away on a holiday trip. Gets home and goes to see Medoc, who send her home on crutches and refer her to fratcure clinic....who put her foot in a boot.
No problem so far, but they dont want ANY of the hardware back. Since when was the NHS so flush with money crutches were single use disposable?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My youngest daughter tore her ankle ligaments when away on a holiday trip. Gets home and goes to see Medoc, who send her home on crutches and refer her to fratcure clinic....who put her foot in a boot.
No problem so far, but they dont want ANY of the hardware back. Since when was the NHS so flush with money crutches were single use disposable?

This has been the way for years .. too much risk associated with used items like that I was told when I tried to hand my crutches back many years

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This has been the way for years .. too much risk associated with used items like that I was told when I tried to hand my crutches back many years
But they're adjustable and aluminium............
God knows society is making enough noises about single use plastics, and here we have single use aluminium??
Surely a steam bath would sterilise them and be much cheaper than buying new each time?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
But they're adjustable and aluminium............
God knows society is making enough noises about single use plastics, and here we have single use aluminium??
Surely a steam bath would sterilise them and be much cheaper than buying new each time?

Maybe saint Greta can get on the case