Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being bitten on the leg by a spider.
They may be small but my God they pack a punch.
Jan 15th strikes me as a bit early for my first bite or sting of the year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Three hours on the phone to Indian call center for eON trying to explain their bill of £500 for one month's electricity in a new property is wrong because of their incorrect start readings. Multiple hang-ups or just stuffed on hold.
One call back from English complaints team and issue resolved in five minutes.

Not trying to stereotype but the evidence here was unfortunately all too clear. And three hours of my life on a phone headset I will never get back. But I did clear a bunch of levels on Candy Crush.
I had a similar issue with Scottish power. Told me I would be waiting 48hrs and 37minutes for one of their operatives. Tried again and it was still in excess of 40hrs ... so I cancelled the standing order and strangely they called me.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Three hours on the phone to Indian call center for eON trying to explain their bill of £500 for one month's electricity in a new property is wrong because of their incorrect start readings. Multiple hang-ups or just stuffed on hold.
One call back from English complaints team and issue resolved in five minutes.

Not trying to stereotype but the evidence here was unfortunately all too clear. And three hours of my life on a phone headset I will never get back. But I did clear a bunch of levels on Candy Crush.
That's probably the main reason I left TalkTalk. Too long on the phone to people in another country who could only follow a script and often couldn't resolve the issue.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What a time to be alive...
HiD has just bought a new electric toothbrush

Its Bluetooth enabled so she can be coached by an App to brush her teeth

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
People who lecture us on climate change when they are frequent fliers.
Like David Attenborough this morning.
False equivalency. If one person makes a flight and influences two people not to make a flight, that’s a net positive. Scale that up to the number of people the likes of Attenborough or Thunberg actually influence and of course it’s the right thing.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The nob with the stupid tash and fake American accent on the Sky Vegas advert ?

Off subject, but some English (all British Isles, actually) actors do excellent American accents. Peter Sellers could do about a half-dozen various American regional accents. These days, so can most of them, actually.

I have no idea how Americans actors do with your various accents as I wouldn't be able to tell as well as you.

Any comments?