Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Idiot neighbours still up a ladder trying to put Christmas lights up. One up a ladder, one giving advice and one looking after the kids. Looks like the three stooges but 8 o'clock on a SUnday seems way too late for me. Grumpy old man syndrome

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's December 1, and they are putting decorations up, shocking behaviour. Humbug next door moaning about it, unbelievable. You must be a bundle of laughs to live next door to.
More the fact they've been in all day and only doing it now. Looking at the bumbling efforts they could be there a while yet. Nothing against the lights or decorations as their kids will be old enough this year to really get into Christmas. Just the noise being made and lack of timing

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Ruiz v Joshua II. £24.95??!?!? No thanks!
I'd seen the whole card and the fact it isn't on at stupid o'clock and was tempted, but the price puts me off on principle.
May need to learn more about the alternatives others posted...😉

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More the fact they've been in all day and only doing it now. Looking at the bumbling efforts they could be there a while yet. Nothing against the lights or decorations as their kids will be old enough this year to really get into Christmas. Just the noise being made and lack of timing
You could have offered to help by holding the ladder for them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Too much inaccurate reporting of, and commenting about, the RMT strike starting today and lasting a month except for 12th Dec. Biggest strike on our railways ever seen - apparently! Passengers facing first of 27 days of strikes. Well semantically true in part.

All trains on all lines are not all cancelled every day for a month.

Mrs Hogie was on the (Alton) train into Waterloo this morning - there is a half service (so every hour rather than every half hour). So trains are running. The train into Waterloo this morning was packed (not surprisingly) and trains back will be worse - so not minimising that there will be an impact. The next strike day on our line is (I believe) the 11th December. But if you didn't know that you might think there RMT were shutting down the SW Trains network for all of December. And it isn't. But let's not miss an opportunity to attack the unions.

Notwithstanding that SW Trains and RMT had reached an agreement - and for some reason SW trains changed their mind. Let me have a think for a moment who the Transport Secretary is...Ah yes - the honourable Chris Grayling - what the heck's happened to him these days. Keep him out of sight I guess. But surely he should be making a statement about the strike? But no - he is absent...

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Spending what seemed like days defrosting HiDs car to find out she's changed her rota and isn't working today....:rolleyes:
Had to chuckle at this as I was finishing doing mine this morning the wife pops out and says you do remember I'm taking your car today as I need the boot space to collect some bits for Christmas shopping 🙄

No I hadn't remembered, pretty sure she hadn't actually told either but maybe I didn't listen, ended up having to scrape her car off for me to use