Random Irritations

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Your irritation of course, but I'd suggest you celebrate it and treat the shopping trips like a treat/reward for all your hard graft (y)

I had to replace every stitch of clothing from top to toe. Bloomin marvelous treat needing to get new gear

edit: what was also a lot of fun was giving brand new unworn golf polos to my brother that were 2-3 sizes too big for me.... and they fitted him a treat :p

Good point, I shall definitely enjoy the shopping.
Most of my other stuff has gone to my mates, they haven't cared one bit that it fits them perfectly, just happy to get free stuff. 😃

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Good point, I shall definitely enjoy the shopping.
Most of my other stuff has gone to my mates, they haven't cared one bit that it fits them perfectly, just happy to get free stuff. 😃

And the new stuff has prob already paid for itself with all the junk you cut/down/out

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Pollen. For two reasons.
New car, first wash so bought new detailing products. Set about yesterday doing a good thorough clean for a hour and a half. Detailing brushes the lot. Car is covered in little pollen specks.

One of the dogs is allergic to it, so he requires wiping down about four times a day, cant have the windows open, and his anti itch treatment is a fortune and worst of all I know he feels awful.

I would like some rain please, you know just a little downpour every so often to wash it away.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pollen. For two reasons.
New car, first wash so bought new detailing products. Set about yesterday doing a good thorough clean for a hour and a half. Detailing brushes the lot. Car is covered in little pollen specks.

One of the dogs is allergic to it, so he requires wiping down about four times a day, cant have the windows open, and his anti itch treatment is a fortune and worst of all I know he feels awful.

I would like some rain please, you know just a little downpour every so often to wash it away.

Could be bee poop. Nightmare to get off too!

Poor pup. Ours were covered in grass seed etc this morning after our walk. Fortunately they don't get affected by it (just need to wipe their eyes to keep it out of them).

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
T-shirt tans. I guess I’ll get into the garden and hope the neighbour doesn’t peek over the fence when I’m trying to balance it out again.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
First morning it's warm enough for shorts when walking the dogs early. Five insect bites behind my knees - they came up in big bumps immediately so hoping they won't itch for flipping days. Jungle formula repellant going on tomorrow!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Washing the car windows this morning to get all the dead bugs off them.
Parking under a tree this afternoon and getting a load of tree 'weep' on the windows.

RichA

Visit site
Washing the car windows this morning to get all the dead bugs off them.
Parking under a tree this afternoon and getting a load of tree 'weep' on the windows.
Driving through biblical rain in Oxfordshire for 15 minutes yesterday evening did a better job than any recent carwash.

RichA

Visit site
Ants.
We're used to seeing them around the doorways in Spring and Summer, but they're getting more adventurous at the moment. I've found a few on the kitchen worktops. MrsA found one in the fridge yesterday.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ants.
We're used to seeing them around the doorways in Spring and Summer, but they're getting more adventurous at the moment. I've found a few on the kitchen worktops. MrsA found one in the fridge yesterday.
Diatomaceous earth
This stuff is brilliant, I've had ants for years and tried most treatments but they kept coming back.
Don't buy the large tubs, you don't need much.
300g would probably be enough

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Broadband installation planned for Saturday, old contract ran til today so overlap and no weekday break for working at home. The internal installation was completed on Saturday but couldn't go live as the outside work had a problem. technician called the company and arranged for outside installers to come today 'first thing' - he reckoned about 9:00. Chased up at 10:30 as no sign and got told "They are running late, will be about 4:45". If they knew this, why didn't they say earlier and I could have made different work arrangements instead of trying to hot spot to my phone which keeps dropping out. Now trying to do as much as I can offline.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Diatomaceous earth
This stuff is brilliant, I've had ants for years and tried most treatments but they kept coming back.

How do you use it and is it dangerous for larger animals such as cats and dogs?

RichA

Visit site
Diatomaceous earth
Thank you. I've never heard of it but will give it a try.
How and where do you apply it? I'm guessing it would just get blown away around thresholds.