Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
How do you use it and is it dangerous for larger animals such as cats and dogs?

It's completely safe for cats and dogs, in fact it can kill fleas and ticks

Thank you. I've never heard of it but will give it a try.
How and where do you apply it? I'm guessing it would just get blown away around thresholds.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
An external drain, used by the washing machine and utility sink, is blocked. I got my arm in, scraped to bits, dug out and cleared a whole host of stones, debris, grit, but I'm still not convinced I've cleared it. I've put in a drain cleaner, futile move I suspect but worth a go. If that doesn't work I'll try a blast with a hose and then time for a proper person. It's likely that years of rubbish has accumulated down there, remarkable it worked at all based on what I dug out.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Broadband installation planned for Saturday, old contract ran til today so overlap and no weekday break for working at home. The internal installation was completed on Saturday but couldn't go live as the outside work had a problem. technician called the company and arranged for outside installers to come today 'first thing' - he reckoned about 9:00. Chased up at 10:30 as no sign and got told "They are running late, will be about 4:45". If they knew this, why didn't they say earlier and I could have made different work arrangements instead of trying to hot spot to my phone which keeps dropping out. Now trying to do as much as I can offline.
Technicians came yesterday evening and replaced the cable outside, should have been all good - but no 🤬
Now there is a problem with the router or the internal wiring so have to wait until Thursday before someone can come round to sort. My wife has to go into the office this week as she can’t work offline or via hotspot and I have to try to work round the issue. Not the best start to a new contract with a company we haven’t been with before

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m supposed to be going to Germany on Monday for a training course but as of yet…no flights or hotel booked, no details no nothing 🙄

Still plenty of time. I flew out to Poland for work on 25th May. I had to phone my agency at 2pm on 24th May to ask if they were planning to send me any flight details.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Breaking down on Hyde Park Corner yesterday. A total of 8 hrs from phoning the AA to recovery picking it up.
To those tooting, shouting and pedestrians banging the van, I wasn't parked up for a sandwich....I was broken down and unable to get drive. I didn't want to be there.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still plenty of time. I flew out to Poland for work on 25th May. I had to phone my agency at 2pm on 24th May to ask if they were planning to send me any flight details.

Ha ha now that’s a close call. This thing has been in my work calendar for months, I’ve had to rearrange dentist appointments, cat care, all sorts of stuff but it still isn’t sorted. I’m on holiday this Friday as well so they’ve got 48 hours to solve it 🤣

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arghh. The TFL journey planner ...
It's giving me multiple long-winded routes involving various combinations of bus/walk/train/cycle - and totally ignores the fact that TFL's own DLR runs directly between the two stations...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's giving me multiple long-winded routes involving various combinations of bus/walk/train/cycle - and totally ignores the fact that TFL's own DLR runs directly between the two stations...

Is it advanced planning? IE a weekend. Is the DLR closed that weekend for engineering works?

Ps yes it's a piece of rubbish

RichA

Visit site
Yes it's poor. Even with the settings as they should be, it often ignores one or other lines even when that line's status is good.
I use it, but check Google Maps when there seems to be an obvious error.