Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just heard that Raleigh are relaunching the Chopper as a limited edition later this month, with the gear shifter back on the crossbar where it should be. The irritation is that it is going on sale for £950 :oops: :oops: :oops:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
You can add Philip Schofield interview on the BBC now.

Why are they not covering political things that are going on currently.

When I saw it was happening, my first thought was “ is this his “Prince Andrew” interview.

Not seen it, but I doubt he will work again for quite a while if ever,

Shades of Barrymore or Angus Deayton

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
being told to remarket a big renewal as the client might have a better quote but my colleagues in Peterborough are too scared to ask for a copy of the other quote so i have no idea what I’m up against.

Bloody northern monkeys

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Andrew Tate as the lead news item on the Beeb website. Why on earth is a despicable individual, supposed influencer, getting that sort of air time?
An interview by a BBC journalist was on BBC News at 10 last night. He came across as a pretty nasty, arrogant and self-obsessed individual…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When I saw it was happening, my first thought was “ is this his “Prince Andrew” interview.

Not seen it, but I doubt he will work again for quite a while if ever,

Shades of Barrymore or Angus Deayton
Media needs to be a bit careful with its coverage and assertions, as there are obvious risks of shades of Caroline Flack.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Moved mobile from Vodafone to Lebara to discover yesterday that I need to set up a ‘top up’ account for all non-‘standard rate‘ texts and calls such as I might make to a radio station or voting on a TV prog. Up to now they’ve been failing and I didn’t know why. With Vodafone these things were just added to my monthly payment. Though in truth maybe the Lebara approach is more manageable.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
being told to remarket a big renewal as the client might have a better quote but my colleagues in Peterborough are too scared to ask for a copy of the other quote so i have no idea what I’m up against.

Bloody northern monkeys
I wouldn't be a happy bunny if a customer sent a quote of mine to a competitor of ours. :unsure:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Media needs to be a bit careful with its coverage and assertions, as there are obvious risks of shades of Caroline Flack.

I've seen the coverage on Breakfast this morning. I did feel a bit sorry for him and, if his recount of events is true, then he's been foolish/unwise BUT the same scenario without his fame wouldn't get much reaction. It's the possible abuse of power, rather than grooming, he's guilty of. Lose his job. Yes. Be pilloried in such an extreme way, no. I believed him when he said he would have ended it without his daughters constantly watching over him.

I also believed him when he said he felt the attacks on him was one thing but the other party should be left alone.

Maybe I'm naive though!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've seen the coverage on Breakfast this morning. I did feel a bit sorry for him and, if his recount of events is true, then he's been foolish/unwise BUT the same scenario without his fame wouldn't get much reaction. It's the possible abuse of power, rather than grooming, he's guilty of. Lose his job. Yes. Be pilloried in such an extreme way, no. I believed him when he said he would have ended it without his daughters constantly watching over him.

I also believed him when he said he felt the attacks on him was one thing but the other party should be left alone.

Maybe I'm naive though!

Bearing in mind he lied when he originally ‘outed’ himself, I don’t trust what he says. Many of us are, by nature, very trusting but in something as serious as this my trust in him is gone. I feel sorry for what he, his family and his ex-boyfriend are going through. No one should be “attacked” for errors of judgement but, equally, he shouldn’t expect much sympathy either.

What I don’t understand is why he just didn’t retire, citing burnout. No pain for anyone but himself. He has dragged others into it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bearing in mind he lied when he originally ‘outed’ himself, I don’t trust what he says. Many of us are, by nature, very trusting but in something as serious as this my trust in him is gone. I feel sorry for what he, his family and his ex-boyfriend are going through. No one should be “attacked” for errors of judgement but, equally, he shouldn’t expect much sympathy either.

What I don’t understand is why he just didn’t retire, citing burnout. No pain for anyone but himself. He has dragged others into it.

You have to ask yourself, who is being played now? The public? The media? Both?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe the Daily Mail had the story and so rather than let them run it alone he fessed up, resigned etc. He wasn't in control of the the events that have happened.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our cat young Senna had a slight limp last night, it’s a lot worse this morning. I saw him licking his paw on the bad leg so maybe there’s a thorn in there, off to the vets with the little bugger though 🥺