Random Irritations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Phillip Schoefield. Why all the fuss and headlines. Not interested one jot. Much bigger things happening in The World.
As much as I am not interested, once more within the “ Media” there is a toxic culture and a “ celebrity” abused their position. Bottom line it has to stop and am sure there’s more of this story to come out. Ave a feeling the axe may drop on a few over the coming weeks. Hopefully it is the last we will see of PS on the box.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
As much as I am not interested, once more within the “ Media” there is a toxic culture and a “ celebrity” abused their position. Bottom line it has to stop and am sure there’s more of this story to come out. Ave a feeling the axe may drop on a few over the coming weeks. Hopefully it is the last we will see of PS on the box.

I absolutely agree there is more to this story, and can’t believe any of it will be good.

The way the media are repeatedly referring to Schofield’s “much younger” male lover, the way the man himself went to great lengths to stress that the relationship, whilst inappropriate, wasn’t illegal.

It all stinks to high heaven.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The bird who decided to do river dance on my caravan roof at 5am

My brother in law once stopped in a static van on a Haven site for a weekend away with his wife and kids. Their neighbours played loud music into the small hours during the first night, keeping my BIL and his family awake.

Ever the joker, my BIL exacted his revenge in the best possible way. The next night, he crept out under cover of darkness and threw several slices of bread onto the roof of the neighbours’ van.

As dawn broke, the neighbours didn’t just have a bird doing Riverdance on the roof of their van. They had a whole flock of seagulls.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I absolutely agree there is more to this story, and can’t believe any of it will be good.

The way the media are repeatedly referring to Schofield’s “much younger” male lover, the way the man himself went to great lengths to stress that the relationship, whilst inappropriate, wasn’t illegal.

It all stinks to high heaven.

Agreed. I think they said they met before he worked for ITV and Schofield helped (groomed?!) him...then he got a job with ITV aged 18.

Consensual and legal isn't always the whole story.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Agreed. I think they said they met before he worked for ITV and Schofield helped (groomed?!) him...then he got a job with ITV aged 18.

Exactly, and if rumours are true they'd known each other much longer than that which then opens the debate as to whether it constitutes grooming and when did the relationship actually start.

I saw a clip where a comedian shared a clip from his stand up routine just after PS came out. Basically the gist of it was " PS managed to turn his coming out into the bigger story and everyone is saying how brave he is... when spotlight should really be on him for when he met his lover..."

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Allegedly, the guy/boy was 15 when they first met. Quite how they met, and how close they originally were…proving anything would be nigh on impossible. Maybe Schofield was being altruistic in getting him a job, and then the relationship grew into something more…all too seedy for me.

Although probably unrelated, there’s also stories in a not too dissimilar vein circulating about Schofield’s brother that don’t make for pleasant reading.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our carseat has a mount that stays fixed to the car so you can attach it quickly, and it allows the seat to rotate for easier access. This mount beeps at you when it's not fitted correctly - at least that's how it's supposed to work. The other day it just randomly started beeping while I was driving and would not stop. I took it out, tried refitting it, adjusting it, no matter what I do it just keeps beeping. Eventually I just had to take the battery out. Stupid thing. Hard to describe how annoying it is trying to fix something that beeps at you until you do it. :LOL:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our carseat has a mount that stays fixed to the car so you can attach it quickly, and it allows the seat to rotate for easier access. This mount beeps at you when it's not fitted correctly - at least that's how it's supposed to work. The other day it just randomly started beeping while I was driving and would not stop. I took it out, tried refitting it, adjusting it, no matter what I do it just keeps beeping. Eventually I just had to take the battery out. Stupid thing. Hard to describe how annoying it is trying to fix something that beeps at you until you do it. :LOL:
Have you got a bag or something, other than a child, on the seat.
This used to happen sometimes on certain cars when I put my work bag on the seat and because the belt wasn't clicked the beep went off until I removed the bag. 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you got a bag or something, other than a child, on the seat.
This used to happen sometimes on certain cars when I put my work bag on the seat and because the belt wasn't clicked the beep went off until I removed the bag. 👍
No, my child was in fact in the seat as normal when it started beeping. :)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Companies that only respond to reasonable queries once you down rate them.

Whilst I acknowledge it was a bank holiday for some yesterday it wasn’t today so that excuse only works so far.

If I hadn’t down rated them I doubt I would have had any response.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Posting on behalf of my usually serene wife... who despite getting 39 points in the Stableford today, is huffing....

"What on earth has happened to blooming light bulbs? You can't just buy a light bulb of a certain wattage... oh no.. there's different hues, some are so dim there's no point, some irreparably burn your retinas! Don't get me started on fittings and recycling procedures!"

😄

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone at the start of the meeting who says “There are no stupid questions”, there are and I’ve listened to nearly 90 minutes of them now.
I used to say this to get people asking questions, I’ve stopped as some are so stupid they don’t deserve an answer. My boss spent 15 minutes explaining the agile approach to a failing project we are going to recover, only to be asked the person who had the project before us, if we were going to provide a full deployment plan! Part of his explanation used an example where they’d changed their mind on the next deployment inside two days and it was impossible to do my long term planning due to the moving goalposts.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to say this to get people asking questions, I’ve stopped as some are so stupid they don’t deserve an answer. My boss spent 15 minutes explaining the agile approach to a failing project we are going to recover, only to be asked the person who had the project before us, if we were going to provide a full deployment plan! Part of his explanation used an example where they’d changed their mind on the next deployment inside two days and it was impossible to do my long term planning due to the moving goalposts.
Did he want fries with his full deployment plan?