Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
They would only quit, I'd imagine if they were going into a better job with more money.
Everyone wants more money, bottom line, striking isn't the answer in my opinion.
If you're not happy with your conditions, find somewhere that does or study something that will give you a bigger income.

Just seen this, hence the late reply. Perhaps you could look at the history of Unions, and the conditions and powerlessness of the individual which brought about their formation.
The individual with a grievance, or suffering exploitation, has only one remedy according to you, one which you think is the answer. That is , to leave and find a better job.
If that were the situation, with a total absence of Unions, with all employees acting only as individuals, then employers would find it easy to take no notice whatsoever of such a powerless individual employee.
All they would need to do would be to offer the same terms and conditions and exploitation reigns.
Do you really think that employers are competing with each other to offer more money etc to entice employees?
I don’t agree with Unions using their powers wrongly etc , and that they should be subject to employment law, just as employers should, but to say that Unions in principle are not what is desirable , is flying in the face of history and fair play .

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
After a bit over 2 years and about 4000 capsules my Nespresso machine is giving up the ghost, it wont dispense a full cup anymore and descaling it didn't work so its clearly blocked/worn out, so I unplugged it this morning pending attempting some major diy surgery on it... but its out of commission now

On the plus side my wife went to the spare cupboard and brought out a nicely wrapped Christmas gift for me & after unwrapping (three weeks early) I now have a band new Nespresso pixie to try out this evening!

Now I don't have anything to open on Christmas day

:confused:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After a bit over 2 years and about 4000 capsules my Nespresso machine is giving up the ghost, it wont dispense a full cup anymore and descaling it didn't work so its clearly blocked/worn out, so I unplugged it this morning pending attempting some major diy surgery on it... but its out of commission now

On the plus side my wife went to the spare cupboard and brought out a nicely wrapped Christmas gift for me & after unwrapping (three weeks early) I now have a band new Nespresso pixie to try out this evening!

Now I don't have anything to open on Christmas day

But you have coffee........
confused-what.gif

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Morons who make up our society.

Last week the primary school my wife works at had a load of windows smashed overnight. They got replaced yesterday and guess what, they all got smashed again last night.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Last week the primary school my wife works at had a load of windows smashed overnight. They got replaced yesterday and guess what, they all got smashed again last night.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Kids have suffered enough

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My company switching to a hot desking office but there aren’t enough desks available if everyone in the department is in the office

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

If caught, they should be locked up for a very long time.
Historically, my dad was a head teacher for many years, most vandalism in a school is either by current pupils or by former pupils, within the first few years of leaving. In both cases they are largely too young to get locked away, assuming they ever get caught at all.

It's mindless stuff that is really soul destroying for the staff who work there.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Confiscate their mobile phones, change the wifi password, make them do household chores/washing up etc.
They have to learn accountability

''If you do this, this will happen''

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Confiscate their mobile phones, change the wifi password, make them do household chores/washing up etc.
They have to learn accountability

''If you do this, this will happen''

All ready for this Bob. If the kids annoy me and are naughty I can pause their wifi just for them and the wife and I are unaffected

Can pause each kid separately aswell as to not punish them all

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site

The heartening thing about this is that you had a go at repairing it.
Too many (young) people would have just binned it without a second thought.