Random Irritations

It's proven that swearing is linked to an excellent vocabulary. Whether you can take that a step further and link and enhanced vocabulary to intelligence is debatable, but your suggestion is ridiculous.
I believe that you have that slightly wrong, the conclusion of the 2015 (small scale) study was "a voluminous taboo lexicon may better be considered an indicator of healthy verbal abilities rather than a cover for their deficiencies ". So the more swear words you know, the more likely you are to have an overall bigger vocabulary. Repeating the same few words is not an indicator of a larger vocabulary. Now, I'm off to find someone to call them an elbow shaking, fopdoodle who can just sard off.

Asian Dawn

Many years ago there was a Young Ones annual and a page in there entitled "Swearing makes your nob bigger" allegedly written by John Noakes of Blue Peter. Who cares if it does or not when you can quote a headline like that?

Swinglowandslow

[QUOTE="theoneandonly, post: 2574223, member: 29733"]It's proven that swearing is linked to an excellent vocabulary. Whether you can take that a step further and link and enhanced vocabulary to intelligence is debatable, but your suggestion is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

What was that I read about forummers stating opinions as facts ??

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Ordered a dozen golf balls from Amazon at the end of October. They should have been here by the 5th of November but I am still waiting for them to arrive. Cannot get a refund for 90 days?. Not the first time I have ordered balls on line and they failed to arrive. The last time was through a pro shop on eBay a couple of years ago. Got my money back but the balls must be going somewhere❓