Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez 25,000 (mostly) crappy reviews is a helluva lot and it seems UPS are not alone at getting it wrong for home delivery (Although glass half full; i suppose that’s 25 thousand from 25 billion deliveries they did over the same time) Just staggering figures

Who’d be in that line of work though, seems a crazy tough market, pushing everything up to and beyond the limit is gonna end in disappointment so many times

That’s only 25,000 notified or flagged failures though. Their actual failure rate is likely to be much higher.

For an organisation that pretty much has one role to fulfil its quite astonishing.

There is also a separate UK only Trustpilot for UPS that also tracks at about 80% of 1 star reviews. I would not want to be in their Customer Satisfaction team when it’s annual NPS figures time. Drawing of lots as to who is presenting it to board ?

RichA

Visit site
the only spirit i drink is Bourbon and i stear clear of JD, Jim Beam etc as they are horrid so i go for the more unusual brand's like four roses and Husdon bay
Taste is obviously personal. Like a couple of the other guys on here I'm a big fan of the strong, smoky Islay malts. My dad, however, thinks they smell and taste like TCP and loves a more spirity highland or Speyside malt.
Jura is a nice halfway point and isn't too expensive - not too smoky, not too light. Jura Journey might be a good starter whisky - it's quite "friendly". They're only £25 and £22 respectively at Amazon at the moment, which is pretty good value for what they are.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That’s only 25,000 notified or flagged failures though. Their actual failure rate is likely to be much higher.

For an organisation that pretty much has one role to fulfil its quite astonishing.

There is also a separate UK only Trustpilot for UPS that also tracks at about 80% of 1 star reviews. I would not want to be in their Customer Satisfaction team when it’s annual NPS figures time. Drawing of lots as to who is presenting it to board ?
I got a follow-up email from Evri the other day asking me how their delivery did..
Well, he delivered the parcel, he did his job - you know.. the one he's paid to do...
What do they want me to say?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taste is obviously personal. Like a couple of the other guys on here I'm a big fan of the strong, smoky Islay malts. My dad, however, thinks they smell and taste like TCP and loves a more spirity highland or Speyside malt.
Jura is a nice halfway point and isn't too expensive - not too smoky, not too light. Jura Journey might be a good starter whisky - it's quite "friendly". They're only £25 and £22 respectively at Amazon at the moment, which is pretty good value for what they are.

Also worth keeping an eye on Tesco clubcard deals as Jura is on there quite regularly at a bargain price.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Yeah failure rate is clearly gonna be much higher

I can't get over how many deliveries these drivers are given each day though (seems to be well in excess of 100) Its as if they are being set up to fail and without condoning it you can easily see why they'd need to (must?) drop a load off at a collection point or devise other failure reasons because no one who does it properly is gonna manage one delivery every 5 minutes over a 10 our day for 5 days a week. its just not going to happen. They'd be taking a pile back to depot every night and getting rollicked

At 15yrs old my first job as 'van boy' and if we had 20 deliveries it was a busy day. Internet shopping has created a monster

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah failure rate is clearly gonna be much higher

I can't get over how many deliveries these drivers are given each day though (seems to be well in excess of 100) Its as if they are being set up to fail and without condoning it you can easily see why they'd need to (must?) drop a load off at a collection point or devise other failure reasons because no one who does it properly is gonna manage one delivery every 5 minutes over a 10 our day for 5 days a week. its just not going to happen. They'd be taking a pile back to depot every night and getting rollicked

At 15yrs old my first job as 'van boy' and if we had 20 deliveries it was a busy day. Internet shopping has created a monster
We get delivery drivers of all brands coming to us. You see how full some are and you just have to laugh. The drivers haven't a chance. Far more deliveries should be to local drop off sites. They can drop off the bulk of their deliveries then and have a smaller number to deliver directly, at a premium. That also leaves them better placed for collections. Satisfaction levels all round would improve if you could relieve the pressure this way.

If you want to discover an appalling level of customer service, try to contact UPS about a problem delivery. Truly awful, they really don't care or put any effort in.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I once had 2 deliveries via DPD from 2 different places.
Driver dropped the first one off, did his magic on his handset then had to wait 2 minutes before he could scan the 2nd one...system requires at least 2 minutes between deliveries.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
We get delivery drivers of all brands coming to us. You see how full some are and you just have to laugh. The drivers haven't a chance. Far more deliveries should be to local drop off sites. They can drop off the bulk of their deliveries then and have a smaller number to deliver directly, at a premium. That also leaves them better placed for collections. Satisfaction levels all round would improve if you could relieve the pressure this way.

If you want to discover an appalling level of customer service, try to contact UPS about a problem delivery. Truly awful, they really don't care or put any effort in.

In a previous life I ran a small retail warehouse many moons ago and even then at goods-in you could see which carriers had a much easier life (FedEx, TNT) & which were already getting pushed hard (United carriers)
It must be dozens of times tougher now

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In a previous life I ran a small retail warehouse many moons ago and even then at goods-in you could see which carriers had a much easier life (FedEx, TNT) & which were already getting pushed hard (United carriers)
It must be dozens of times tougher now
Absolutely. Internet shopping over Covid just exploded and distorted the whole industry. So much delivery business now is not really worth having.

DHL, Fedex and TNT (now owned by FEDEX and soon to disappear) definitely are on easy street as far as the drivers are concerned. The others are flogging the drivers, chasing after pennies. We certainly see it in terms of which companies have a high driver turnover.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
as a Whiskey virgin and someone who often gazes at the selection available, what would be a good starter?

James, are you at H4H? If so I’ll try to remember to bring some samples down; they will all be from one distillery but it will give you an idea of what time and different barrels can do as they will all have been matured from the same “new spirit”.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Do we need a whisky thread? :unsure: