Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Car behind me this evening. A thin white strip of lights between the headlights ? and once it passed me a thin red strip of lights between rear red lights ? A new Mercedes. What is the point of lighting that confuses other drivers; that can‘t help forward visibility, and the rear lights are bright enough to be seen from Mars without the strip. Or maybe the point is simply…’Look at me…I’m a new Mercedes…’

But then as it disappeared into the distance my irritation subsided…but the memory of it lingers ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Green bin! Grey bin neighbour has changed.... street binfluencer pecking order clearly established!
I signed up for email updates via my council's website. Every Sunday afternoon they email me to say which bin is being collected in the morning! :LOL:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Car behind me this evening. A thin white strip of lights between the headlights ? and once it passed me a thin red strip of lights between rear red lights ? A new Mercedes. What is the point of lighting that confuses other drivers; that can‘t help forward visibility, and the rear lights are bright enough to be seen from Mars without the strip. Or maybe the point is simply…’Look at me…I’m a new Mercedes…’

But then as it disappeared into the distance my irritation subsided…but the memory of it lingers ?
It seems many new electric cars have lights that are almost the full width of the car. I suppose they have to have something to make them look different or create some sort of memory of them, as there isn’t much else for them.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Grey bin, green bin ?

Now it's getting dark earlier I applaud the Councils choice of colours - it's almost impossible to tell which is which, so even if I remember to put one out it's 50/50 that I get the right colour ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Driving to work this morning, weather is beautiful today with only a one club wind and had to drive right past the entrance to the golf course :cry:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dealing with recruitment agencies that need to be chased at every step, pretty much doing their job for them and them then acting like I'm being unreasonable in expecting the very minimal of what their job actually IS!.

Agent: Ok, so you have asked for the terms around payments and invoicing?

Me: Yes, it should be in with your standard T&Cs but somehow you have omitted them.

Agent: So are you inside or outside IR35?

Me: You, personally, sold the role to me as outside, clearly have that information but need to ask? Ok, whatever, it's outside IR35.

Agent: I'll send the payment terms in an email.

Ten minutes later.... PAYE contract terms in my inbox.

They have ONE JOB!

Unbelievable that an agency would not have clear information about payment terms and effort submission in their supposed "standard T&Cs".

Probably some young person who you're speaking to. They are totally useless in the work place, and is why my wife is stressed to the eyeballs and is going to hand her notice in this week after 30 years at the company.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably some young person who you're speaking to. They are totally useless in the work place, and is why my wife is stressed to the eyeballs and is going to hand her notice in this week after 30 years at the company.

Not that you are broad brushing young people at all. My niece is 24 and director of service for a major mortgage company. Did uselessness in the workplace get her there?

For your information the person I was dealing with is a middle aged woman. So does that mean that it’s actually middle aged woman that are useless in the workplace.

I work with some pretty talented and committed young people at my current client.

Try to temper your prejudices a little.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
UPS!

a delivery was due between 12-2 yesterday and the delivery driver turned up at 8.30 while i was in the shower and so i arranged for the package to be taken to the local pick up point.

popped to Tesco this morning as i needed more bread flour and they've tried to redeliver it today

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
UPS!

a delivery was due between 12-2 yesterday and the delivery driver turned up at 8.30 while i was in the shower and so i arranged for the package to be taken to the local pick up point.

popped to Tesco this morning as i needed more bread flour and they've tried to redeliver it today

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ups.com

Probably one of the lowest Trustpilot scores of any big org.
Pretty much consensus that UPS means Useless Parcel Service.

I have had so many failures with them that not only do they make Hermes look like actual gods, I now actively avoid them and pay for more expensive services where available.

If no alternate delivery service is available I just don’t order the item and let the selling company know why.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The spanish online criminal record check system is awfulllllll

If anyone can help me run a record check on someone in spain... ill buy you a pint at H4H? :ROFLMAO:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ups.com

Probably one of the lowest Trustpilot scores of any big org.
Pretty much consensus that UPS means Useless Parcel Service.

I have had so many failures with them that not only do they make Hermes look like actual gods, I now actively avoid them and pay for more expensive services where available.

If no alternate delivery service is available I just don’t order the item and let the selling company know why.

Jeez 25,000 (mostly) crappy reviews is a helluva lot and it seems UPS are not alone at getting it wrong for home delivery (Although glass half full; i suppose that’s 25 thousand from 25 billion deliveries they did over the same time) Just staggering figures

Who’d be in that line of work though, seems a crazy tough market, pushing everything up to and beyond the limit is gonna end in disappointment so many times

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
as a Whiskey virgin and someone who often gazes at the selection available, what would be a good starter?

That really is a how long is a piece of string question James; it depends so much on individual tastes. I lean towards the peatiest & smokiest of the Islay malts, like Ardbeg or Laphroaig. Others will recoil from those as being too harsh & pungent, but I would find their choices a little insipid.

As a starting point, this may be worth looking at;

https://www.masterofmalt.com/tasting-set/drinks-by-the-dram/regions-of-scotland-whisky-tasting-set/

It covers the 5 main regions of Scotland & showcases their individual tendencies. Pick your favourite from that, and then try the taster set for that region. All of them come with tasting notes, so once you identify what flavours you like in a whisky, you can look for others with similar notes and try them.

Personally I'm not a fan of Irish Whiskey, but again, it's something to try to see if it suits you.