Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
lol, I'm 36, a lot of my game features walking already though I guess. :D

That’s what moving to defence is for ?

Moving from central midfield to right back prolonged my career by a couple of years. I now play 5 aside twice a week. Even that is starting to cause aches and pains.

Yet I’m still tempted to go play for the new vets rec ice hockey team that’s been set up near me. Despite the fact most of my injuries were caused playing that sport when I was much younger.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
E

Moving from central midfield to right back prolonged my career by a couple of years. I now play 5 aside twice a week. Even that is starting to cause aches and pains.

Yet I’m still tempted to go play for the new vets rec ice hockey team that’s been set up near me. Despite the fact most of my injuries were caused playing that sport when I was much younger.

But a right back now isn't about defending and is about being as far up the pitch running full speed as possible is it not??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm already a left back though. And don't fancy going in goal.

But a right back now isn't about defending and is about being as far up the pitch running full speed as possible is it not??
Premier League full backs and Sunday League full backs are very different beasts my friend.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not at the level I played at.

Going forward at full speed? Maybe once in each half ?
I remember one old guy I knew, playing hockey with him, when asked why did he not join an attack, equivalent to a full back, replied 'I'm happy to do so but it might take me 10 minutes to get back' :LOL:.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and my wife has decided that my choice of clothes are not acceptable and it is all my fault for leaving it this late. I'm not late, I'm happy with my choice (no suit, no tie, smart casual (y)). It's a frosty day and it's only just begun :oops:

I feel like you already explained to Orikoru the situation ?…..

This is a battle you are unlikely to win so work with your limitations. It's a beggar but it's reality.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dealing with recruitment agencies that need to be chased at every step, pretty much doing their job for them and them then acting like I'm being unreasonable in expecting the very minimal of what their job actually IS!.

Agent: Ok, so you have asked for the terms around payments and invoicing?

Me: Yes, it should be in with your standard T&Cs but somehow you have omitted them.

Agent: So are you inside or outside IR35?

Me: You, personally, sold the role to me as outside, clearly have that information but need to ask? Ok, whatever, it's outside IR35.

Agent: I'll send the payment terms in an email.

Ten minutes later.... PAYE contract terms in my inbox.

They have ONE JOB!

Unbelievable that an agency would not have clear information about payment terms and effort submission in their supposed "standard T&Cs".

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Companies that give you a high quote for something and then try to reduce it when you reject the original. I've had two recently, both of them while moving in to a new rental property.

First one was for renters insurance. I'd had an email from the company offering it to me for £12-50 a month. I then received a phone call from them asking me if I wanted to take out their insurance for £13-50 a month. I turned them down based on the fact that I'd already had their lower offer. They then said that they could do it for £10-74 a month if I signed up right then. I told them to get stuffed.

Second one was a removal company. They quoted close to £1000 for the move. Another company that we had used before quoted just over £500. I turned down the first quote and told them I'd had a better offer. They asked if they could requote. I told them to get stuffed.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Companies that give you a high quote for something and then try to reduce it when you reject the original. I've had two recently, both of them while moving in to a new rental property.

First one was for renters insurance. I'd had an email from the company offering it to me for £12-50 a month. I then received a phone call from them asking me if I wanted to take out their insurance for £13-50 a month. I turned them down based on the fact that I'd already had their lower offer. They then said that they could do it for £10-74 a month if I signed up right then. I told them to get stuffed.

Second one was a removal company. They quoted close to £1000 for the move. Another company that we had used before quoted just over £500. I turned down the first quote and told them I'd had a better offer. They asked if they could requote. I told them to get stuffed.

A lot of that from trades with quotes the last 6+ mths. They struggle to comprehend the fact that I dont want someone coming to work at my house who tried to rip me off with their original quote!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A lot of that from trades with quotes the last 6+ mths. They struggle to comprehend the fact that I dont want someone coming to work at my house who tried to rip me off with their original quote!

The renters insurance person got quite upset when I said I didn't want anything to do with a company that tried to con people out of money.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think I did remember seeing that tv signals are one of the things that may be impacted by the heat. You are in the south at the moment? It will be the transmitter that is affected, not your own gear.
From July 18th and my post about losing all my ‘aerial sourced‘ TV channels.

Well…haven’t bothered trying to retune my kitchen tv since I was failing on all fronts back in the depth of the heatwave, until today. And it retuned perfectly. Seems that somewhere in the chain the extreme heat was messing things up.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
So many work from home now doing call centre work that that excuse doesn't stack up any more.

EDF were supposed to fit a smart meter for us at work last week. The fitter didn't turn up at the time stated, between 12-4pm. We received a letter from EDF on Monday stating that they could not fit the meter as the fitter could not enter our premises :mad:. No, because they were late and we had gone home. Tried to ring, 2 x 45 minutes on hold, gave up. Online chat, never available. No email address available. We will be raising a compliant, see if that gets a line of communication going.

I'm trying to get a second gen smart meter installed via EDF. However, system says *syntax error* as I've got a first version, therefore I'm stuck in a *GOTO* loop.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That some skid mark thought it was a bright idea to put the power button within sausage finger distance of the delete button on my work laptop