Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Can I interject, all age groups have useless members.

I had a pop at our mid 20s signaller today as he was killing the service through useless understanding of our job

However we have equally got one weak link in every age group

Then again I stand by my assessment when he was training. He isn't good enough. People starting to notice now

Of course there are useless people at every age group. It clearly be ridiculous to suggest only one generation was.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Scam that is “Green Energy”

Drax: UK power station owner cuts down primary forests in Canada

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63089348

From the article… "It's really a shame that British taxpayers are funding this destruction with their money. Logging natural forests and converting them into pellets to be burned for electricity, that is absolutely insane,"

Drax have been fetching wood over from forests in the Baltic region too,they can’t get enough of it. Utter madness.
There is a business on our industrial estate that was given huge govt grants, cue much hand shaking and pictures for the press, to supply pellets like this. They bought useless eqpt from China that had to be stripped down and corrected by a local engineering company. They import logs from Canada, convert them into pellets to be burned at a local power station, not Drax. They have the gall to have 'Green' in their company name ?. Cobblers, absolute cobblers. It annoys me every time I walk past the place.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
There is a business on our industrial estate that was given huge govt grants, cue much hand shaking and pictures for the press, to supply pellets like this. They bought useless eqpt from China that had to be stripped down and corrected by a local engineering company. They import logs from Canada, convert them into pellets to be burned at a local power station, not Drax. They have the gall to have 'Green' in their company name ?. Cobblers, absolute cobblers. It annoys me every time I walk past the place.

It’s sickening, Drax received almost a billion Pounds subsidy in 2021…paid from the Green Levy on UK electric bills…..this enabled Drax to make more than £100 million profit and increase the dividends paid to shareholders.

The energy business in this country is broken.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s sickening, Drax received almost a billion Pounds subsidy in 2021…paid from the Green Levy on UK electric bills…..this enabled Drax to make more than £100 million profit and increase the dividends paid to shareholders.

The energy business in this country is broken.

Not the only thing that is broken either sadly.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Registering to donate blood. I was a donor years ago but weight was always borderline so was advised to stop donating - not running and ageing means I'm safely in the minimum range now!!

Anyhow - that in itself is not the irritation but the fact there are no appointments anywhere near me between now and the end of Feb. No wonder there's a shortage.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got the dreaded email from the insurance company yesterday, the Spanish taxi has been written off ?. They've given me a fair price but the next few days will be spent trawling the internet to find a replacement. 6 days until the hire car goes back, the clock is ticking............

Used car prices are crazy at the moment. Hope you manage to get sorted out with something decent.

Just a thought and I've no idea what the prices are like nowadays, but have you thought about leasing through your business? I leased a few cars back in my working days, and always thought it was decent value compared to buying outright.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used car prices are crazy at the moment. Hope you manage to get sorted out with something decent.

Just a thought and I've no idea what the prices are like nowadays, but have you thought about leasing through your business? I leased a few cars back in my working days, and always thought it was decent value compared to buying outright.
I leased for 20yrs through work but bought 2 yrs ago as the BIK system was killing it unless you went electric or plug in hybrid. Neither option was any good for the journeys I do so it was better to buy. When electric vehicles drop in price, have a longer range and the charging network improves, same old same old, I may well go back to leasing. Until then.........

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Registering to donate blood. I was a donor years ago but weight was always borderline so was advised to stop donating - not running and ageing means I'm safely in the minimum range now!!

Anyhow - that in itself is not the irritation but the fact there are no appointments anywhere near me between now and the end of Feb. No wonder there's a shortage.

Keep checking as they often get cancellations.
When I donate, I always book my next date the next day

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keep checking as they often get cancellations.
When I donate, I always book my next date the next day
I do the same, best way.

I've been going to the same place to donate for a while now but only because they no longer collect from the previous location. I asked whether the sessions were full in those redundant locations and I was told, yes :rolleyes:

Someone in their wisdom decided to reduce the number of collection points in the county so you inevitably lose donors. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm looking at building a "pellet press" in the workshop to re-use all the chippings, shavings and sawdust from projects rather than just throw it away. Can use them in the woodburner that I am going to have installed in there.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

I think there has been a rush to give blood , hence the lack of appointments.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just seen the winners from the National Television Awards - looks like the same list from the past 10 years! Same people patting themselves on the back again

Directly proportional to the time of day and the programmes that provide their exposure. Self fulfilling merry go round. Very little to do with talent more to do with the Management team they use.

RichA

Visit site
George Ezra. He really is the new Coldplay. A couple of good songs when he started, now just formulaic drivel.
MrsA is choreographing a paso doble to his latest offering, so I'll be hearing it 10 times a day for the next 2 weeks.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
George Ezra. He really is the new Coldplay. A couple of good songs when he started, now just formulaic drivel.
MrsA is choreographing a paso doble to his latest offering, so I'll be hearing it 10 times a day for the next 2 weeks.
Aren't you due some power cuts soon....;)