Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Silly copy right or agreement rules (whichever it is I'm not entirely sure)

But for example our last Samsung TV had every app on it

The new lg one doesn't have for example channel 4 app but the bt box does

The TV in the loft room won't play live ITV via app (no aerial there) but the one using a plug in stick will lol

Much like my dad's sky box BBC iPlayer awful on it .. but just use the actual digital TV and it's fine

Very frustrating for the end user

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Paying twice the normal price to get a wasp nest removed.
Had to use an emergency management company as I couldn’t get hold of five local pest controllers yesterday. The chap contracted for the job was probably one I tried to phone yesterday.

At least I can have the windows open tonight I suppose.

D

Deleted member 1147

Took my Mum, Dad & Sister out for a meal yesterday.
Mum has cancer and is worried that once everything fully opens up she will be at greater risk. So we went to a nice quiet restaurant at Chatsworth House.

Whilst starting our main courses, which had just been served, a woman from another table came over to us (without a mask) and poked her head over the table and said "I've just come to see what you've ordered".
I was in such shock that I didn't manage to call her all the names under the sun that I would normally use for such an idiot.

Instead I just put my hand in front of her face, told her to go away and put a mask on.
She just replied that she didn't have Covid, so we were ok.

I honestly couldn't believe it - I wouldn't even do that in non-Covid times, but definitely not now!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That the Health Secretary seems to be almost ‘talking up’ in a gloomster/doomster way the potential scale of the NHS waiting lists due to the pandemic, and adding the need to explore every avenue to avoid that happening, seems to me to be a conditioning of the public in advance of significant privatisation announcements. Just be open about it. Where you sit it could be a good thing; it could be a bad thing; it could be both. But if this comes to pass let’s not pretend it’s something other than what it is. BTW my concern for the health of the NHS is not so much political but more societal.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
People keeping their kids of school to remove the risk of having to self isolate and miss their hoilday at a time where there is pressure to catch up missed school time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
London busses outside of rush hour, far too many on the road. They are almost always empty, and they just add to the pollution and cause traffic problems.

Only way to run public transport tho.. remove the numbers makes it impossible for the public to use them

If you want an on-demand service it's get a cab

Bus lanes however are a pain in the bottom

Especially outside of rush hour when they cause more traffic than they save

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife was ment to return from mat leave next week

School wanted all mat leave people in for 2 days training as a legal requirement

So they arranged today and yesterday as they could pick the days .. also I was off and the others have live in mum's to help with childcare so all arranged

Have they trained them? Have they heck.. just used them for cover

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
we have got 2 microwaveable heat packs and after my physio yesterday it was recommend that i use one a few times a day to try and ease the knotted muscle i have in my neck.

they are not in the drawer they are normally kept in and no one in the house has seen or used them for months apparently

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
People keeping their kids of school to remove the risk of having to self isolate and miss their hoilday at a time where there is pressure to catch up missed school time.
Not a problem if the kids are up to date with their work. Especially the end of the summer term. The kids are doing bugger all anyway. I'm supprised there are any teachers left given the numbers who have needed to isolate since the middle of last week ?.

We took both ours out before the last school holiday. They are both well ahead of 99% of their peers. My son has spent a large portion of this year redoing work he did at home to allow others to catch up.

We decided to take them out during term time as it was significantly cheaper, less busy and would be more relaxing. We told the schools we would be doing whether they granted permission or not. Which they did anyway.

So my kids missed a week of school. And didn't really miss anything.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The General Public being unable to book a driving test this year unless they pay an App that snaps up all availability before it hits the website...and DVSA couldn't give a monkey's about it...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
More people should travel outside of rush hour.
Problem solved.

People really don’t “choose” to travel in rush hour…. Answer is less busses outside rush hour. Maximum of one per hour, saves pollution in the capital and TFL money.

Saddiq, if your reading this you can make out it’s your idea!?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Despite the size, it was incredibly difficult to see until it was too late. I managed to slow from 70 to around 50 but there was no way to avoid it completely.
Absolute disgrace for a trunk road and dangerous as hell. Only a matter of time until it causes a blow out and a crash.

Its ok though, Fife council will outline it in yellow paint, that seems to be the fix.
Can you not put a claim in against the council?