Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately the house will always win in the argument between- it’s what happened at The Bedford and also recently at another nearby club - even if the course is there before the houses. Would always worry about any club that sell land nearby for horses if there is potential for golf balls to go into the house or garden

Horses round here can't afford houses with gardens, they mainly live in fields. ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Spot on! I don't want the thing hovered. Just a once over with the sponge .. always been done by every single car dealer I've ever used even when I sent the seat in for Android auto activation

Takes them 5 mins

I've showed up to collect cars before from service and been told sorry not ready it's still in the wash bay I'll have to wait for it
I always ask garage not to wash car. Leave a note on front windscreen as well.
Not having a nice scratchy sponge on my paint work.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always ask garage not to wash car. Leave a note on front windscreen as well.
Not having a nice scratchy sponge on my paint work.

That's your choice tho, and backs up what I said about they just do it unless told not to

Bit poor not to do it.

Basic customer service

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
That's your choice tho, and backs up what I said about they just do it unless told not to

Bit poor not to do it.

Basic customer service
Personally would be more concerned about quality of service, rather than how clean car came back. Perhaps you are paying for clean in the service cost ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Personally would be more concerned about quality of service, rather than how clean car came back. Perhaps you are paying for clean in the service cost ?

The Ford service package could include cleaning as well - it’s manhours at the end of the day and I don’t think he should be expected for free

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul Dempsey the BT Commentator on the PSG v Bayern game, every so often he’ll randomly name the PSG players with a french accent.

D

Deleted member 15344

I could be working 12 hours a day 7 days a week right now.
And I'd be dead in a month.....

Must be a bit of a shock after nothing for 4 months - tough choice to make now , guess no new clients , our neighbours daughter can’t get someone to start lessons with at the moment

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The away goals rule

I agree with this one, especially at the minute with all the restrictions. If Chelsea had lost 3-1 tonight they would have gone out on the away goals rule as they won their "away" leg 2-0 against Porto in Seville. But tonight was their "home" leg against Porto also in Seville.

I've also always thought it was unfair that away goals scored in extra time still count as away goals. The team playing away in the first leg only have 90 minutes to score away goals but it's possible that the team playing away in the second leg could have 120 minutes to score away goals.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
PSG - Bayern? Notwithstanding your right to be irritated, how would you resolve a two legged drawn game? I'm not a great fan, especially as one team can have 30 minutes extra to score one, but what would you prefer as an alternative?

havent you seen what arguing peoples irritations causes ;)

ill take extra time and pens over away goals, not sure there many better alternatives. could do something like less fouls or less yellow cards or more corners but all are pretty arbitrary, just want the side who scores the most goals to go through

countback almost as bad as away goals btw (albeit easier to solve 90% of the time)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
havent you seen what arguing peoples irritations causes ;)

ill take extra time and pens over away goals, not sure there many better alternatives. could do something like less fouls or less yellow cards or more corners but all are pretty arbitrary, just want the side who scores the most goals to go through

countback almost as bad as away goals btw (albeit easier to solve 90% of the time)

If you are going to have extra time then the away goals aspect should be taken away from that for me. If you are going to penalties then there is still a home advantage. It’s not perfect but I’ll take the away goals rule and if I have a choice I’ll play the away leg second.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not an irritation, yet, and might not become one. We're in the middle of a run of comps at the bowls club and it's increasingly falling to me to put the greens maint programme together, including actioning elements of the programme. I serviced the John Deere on Monday, which included sharpening the blades. One of the guys cut one of the greens yesterday with the new blade height we're trying for comps.

The green is running a couple of seconds quicker than its ever done, and looks really true when a wood is sent across it. However, 1/4 finals day today. I'm half looking forward to the comments and half wanting not to be there when some of the comments will be made. Exciting and nervous, I guess. The irritation will come if there's too many negative comments.

As an aside, we've had the unofficial nod for a regional comp on the back of how good the greens are... now I understand how a Head Greenkeeper feels when the pressure is on. Add to that, as a qualified marker I got asked yesterday if I would mark some of the regionals - hell, I thought I'd retired!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are going to have extra time then the away goals aspect should be taken away from that for me. If you are going to penalties then there is still a home advantage. It’s not perfect but I’ll take the away goals rule and if I have a choice I’ll play the away leg second.
It always feels unfair to go out that way, but I think the intention was to encourage teams to attack in the away leg instead of just sitting back for a clean sheet. Ironically they just sit back for the clean sheet at home instead. ?