Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

It feels like we are all watching a soap opera at times - wonder what it’s like from the other side of the fence

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Garagegate continues

"When are you home Jon wants a chat"

Surprise surprise once I talked to somebody who had a clue rather than the wife (don't mean that in a rude way .. nothing to do with fact she a women it's the fact she is clueless on the subject) he was like wow yeah can see why you want it raised. Wow can see why u want it covered

Yes prob should talk in person sooner but also why didn't just get Jon to message me
Ha, I read all your previous messages on the subject and I had assumed the person you were messaging was the male. I guess that makes me a sexist.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha, I read all your previous messages on the subject and I had assumed the person you were messaging was the male. I guess that makes me a sexist.

Lol you sexist pig

Na for some reason it's always the wife who messages me lol

Spoke to her husband this afternoon

5 mins he was like wow yeah that roof needs covering with that electric

Yeah you can't move any of that

Can see why you need it raised

Etc etc

Can your mate do it all? Yeah he can

Oh do him then

Facepalm

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lol you sexist pig

Na for some reason it's always the wife who messages me lol

Spoke to her husband this afternoon

5 mins he was like wow yeah that roof needs covering with that electric

Yeah you can't move any of that

Can see why you need it raised

Etc etc

Can your mate do it all? Yeah he can

Oh do him then

Facepalm
Haha. If I said what I want to say about this it really would be deemed sexist so I'll leave it there. ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being told by Sky that they've cocked up at their end and, as a result, my broadband will be turned off tomorrow and I may not have it back for up to two weeks!
How can that possibly happen in 2021?

Furious isn't the word! :mad::mad::mad:

I may be a little bit quiet for the duration.
I'm sure that'll be in the 'Things that Gladden the Heart' thread from a few of you. ;)

Phew, they managed to get it sorted just before cut off time!
Sorry. :p

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Veneering over a double round over face for a speaker cabinet, painstaking slowly bending the walnut around the radii. Then finding that when I cut the panel, I didn't account for the thickness of the veneer and the panel is now too wide and can't be trimmed back without damaging the veneer ?‍♂️.
Expensive mistake

RichA

Visit site
Victoria Line back up to pre-COVID capacity, but grown men feeling it's acceptable to bring their bulky electric scooters on board.
I almost shook my head and tutted a couple of times.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Victoria Line back up to pre-COVID capacity, but grown men feeling it's acceptable to bring their bulky electric scooters on board.
I almost shook my head and tutted a couple of times.

Gets round the rules

Can't bring a full size bike but can't bring a scooter

Can bring a bike if it folds

Knew pre covid levels would return.. nothing blooming changes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coleshill house: Grandmother, 58, complains lorries on the A466 'shake' her £350,000 'dream' home | Daily Mail Online

So many irritations here - the sheer stupidity of the woman, the fact that she now wants everyone to change to suit her, the fact it is made into a story.
It's like the people who buy a house next to a golf course and complain about golf balls going into the garden, or buy a flat next to a nightclub and complain about the noise. Drives me mad.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
It's like the people who buy a house next to a golf course and complain about golf balls going into the garden, or buy a flat next to a nightclub and complain about the noise. Drives me mad.
Flats are being built close to a nightclub near me, the owner of the nightclub put massive signs up saying that the building was a nightclub, and expect noise until 4am Fri/Sat.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Flats are being built close to a nightclub near me, the owner of the nightclub put massive signs up saying that the building was a nightclub, and expect noise until 4am Fri/Sat.
The thing is, new residents will still be pandered to when they moan and he'll probably still be asked to restrict late night noise. That's why people moan, because nobody tells them to sod off in this day and age.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The sneering about people queuing up to go into Primark. A shop as cheap as that must be fantastic for some, an absolute godsend for people with kids. Leave them to it.

Makes me laugh and feel sad at the same time. I get paid OK so we don't 'have' to shop in Primark like some people perceive the average Primark shopper.

half of my wardrobe is Primarni, Mostly the Tshirt Half, I do like their Vneck T's, 2 or 3 quid each, I have 2 in every colour they do, when they get a bit tatty (over a years use easily) they go in the polishing the car rag bag, and the Mrs buys some more!

I have a pair of shoes from there as i was desperate for a certain style for an event, turns out they are cracking and i wouldn't hesitate in buying more.

Oh, and a smart blazer type jacket, think that was 20 quid when the equivalent would be 70-80 plus almost anywhere else.

Yes, i still have some posh stuff, but honestly, waste of money. Love a bargain, and the wife loves all the other bargain shops, home bargains, b&m etc.

What do they say about a fool and his money??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Makes me laugh and feel sad at the same time. I get paid OK so we don't 'have' to shop in Primark like some people perceive the average Primark shopper.

half of my wardrobe is Primarni, Mostly the Tshirt Half, I do like their Vneck T's, 2 or 3 quid each, I have 2 in every colour they do, when they get a bit tatty (over a years use easily) they go in the polishing the car rag bag, and the Mrs buys some more!

I have a pair of shoes from there as i was desperate for a certain style for an event, turns out they are cracking and i wouldn't hesitate in buying more.

Oh, and a smart blazer type jacket, think that was 20 quid when the equivalent would be 70-80 plus almost anywhere else.

Yes, i still have some posh stuff, but honestly, waste of money. Love a bargain, and the wife loves all the other bargain shops, home bargains, b&m etc.

Have to agree with you. Not a Primark shopper (none near me) but use TK Maxx for most of my stuff. Why pay more (and I shop in Lidl every week as well).

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

that he will waste it on new golf clubs that will make no difference to his game?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site