Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
None criminal men aren’t the issue, criminals are.

You lock your front door at home. Not because all people will enter and steal things, but because criminals will.

You have computer passwords, not because everyone hacks your accounts, but because criminals do.

What is needed is for criminals to be prevented from committing crimes (men, women and children)

But the point stands that the mp needed to make an outrageous idea to provoke thought rather than the normal towards women

Oh she was dressed wrong

Oh she was walking alone

She asked for it

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just had an example of this irritation on the golf.
"And he's of to the perfect start, 3 birdies in his first 4 holes"
Well, no it ain't
Absolute perfect is 4 holes in one ( obviously not going to happen)
4 birdies is closer to perfect.

D

Deleted member 1147

But the point stands that the mp needed to make an outrageous idea to provoke thought rather than the normal towards women

Oh she was dressed wrong

Oh she was walking alone

She asked for it
They may be your thoughts but I don’t actually think most people think that way.

The MP may have been better served by making a sensible suggestion, like putting in place more cctv, and then people might have focussed on the issue at hand, rather than her daft statement.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They may be your thoughts but I don’t actually think most people think that way.

The MP may have been better served by making a sensible suggestion, like putting in place more cctv, and then people might have focussed on the issue at hand, rather than her daft statement.

Has it or has it not got people talking about solutions?

More CCTV? How much more do you want in London

The poor girl was picked up on bus CCTV wwlkkg past a bus, on a ring door bell .. on local CCTV

It wasn't like a remote area of nowhere this is one of the up and coming areas in London very popular with the 18-30 crowd for living as it's more affordable but still has a tube line

CCTV wouldn't have helped her either. She was taken by a copper who knew all this

How many young girls get taxis home just because they don't feel safe walking ? It's just wrong.

D

Deleted member 16999

Has it or has it not got people talking about solutions?

More CCTV? How much more do you want in London

The poor girl was picked up on bus CCTV wwlkkg past a bus, on a ring door bell .. on local CCTV

It wasn't like a remote area of nowhere this is one of the up and coming areas in London very popular with the 18-30 crowd for living as it's more affordable but still has a tube line

CCTV wouldn't have helped her either. She was taken by a copper who knew all this

How many young girls get taxis home just because they don't feel safe walking ? It's just wrong.
She clarified her remarks today.
The bit in bold is the important bit for me.

Baroness Jenny Jones of Moulescoomb told Sky News that the idea was "not an entirely serious suggestion" and is not party policy.

She made the suggestion in the House of Lords on Wednesday, as peers debated domestic abuse legislation.

"I was just trying to highlight that when the police victim blame by asking women to stay home, we don't react. We just think it's normal," Baroness Jones said.

Asked if this would just be inflicting on men what women have to endure, even though it is self-imposed, she replied: "Exactly. That's my exact point.

"That in fact nobody makes a fuss when, for example, the police suggest women stay home. But when I suggest it, men are up in arms."

Baroness Jones added: "If this has sparked intense scrutiny, I'm really happy."

She said that misogyny should be made a hate crime, adding that while "all men are not abusers", "all men can help" stamp it out of society.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you agree
None of the non-criminal men in the world were in anyway at fault. It was a criminal who did it!

Read what Paul said from the mp

"That in fact nobody makes a fuss when, for example, the police suggest women stay home. But when I suggest it, men are up in arms."

I stand by what I said. People don't question when it's one way but the other way men are up in arms

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally got round to turning down a job offer that was 45% below current wages. I explained myself, got asked if I had considered the benefits. They weren’t bad but were on a points system. It’s just the points we’re not very much and did not allow much in the options stakes. Also the benefits did not make up the 45% shortfall. The next question was what would be suitable so I told them, they freely admitted that was out of scope, and I was asked was I only interested in the money ... well yes, actually

D

Deleted Member 1156

Sorry but the point has been missed by so many people

The police advised women to stay at home and tbh everyone just is like yeah ok whatever

The green mp says make man stay at home and instant outrage

Think her point is proven. It's outrageous that women in 2021 or any year should be asked to stay home or not walk alone.
There is a world of difference between being advised to stay home and being made to stay home.
And there are plenty of places that I as a single man wouldn't walk around at night. It's not just women that feel threatened.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a world of difference between being advised to stay home and being made to stay home.
And there are plenty of places that I as a single man wouldn't walk around at night. It's not just women that feel threatened.
We can play equality bingo but same old comments come out .. I don't feel safe either
But it's simple fact women don't feel safe a lot more places than men
That's the point but every one just wants to point out how hard done by men are

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We can play equality bingo but same old comments come out .. I don't feel safe either
But it's simple fact women don't feel safe a lot more places than men
That's the point but every one just wants to point out how hard done by men are

Could you please explain how we alter the status quo please Paul and maybe tell how children can be made to feel safer too

D

Deleted member 16999

Could you please explain how we alter the status quo please Paul and maybe tell how children can be made to feel safer too
By not burying our heads in the sand, have a grown up discussion and accepting there are issues across society that may take generations to change.

Maybe we can tackle one issue at a time and accept we may need everybody to be involved.

Some issues may involve all and some issues some.

How’s that for a starter?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
By not burying our heads in the sand, have a grown up discussion and accepting there are issues across society that may take generations to change.

Maybe we can tackle one issue at a time and accept we may need everybody to be involved.

Some issues may involve all and some issues some.

How’s that for a starter?

Great in theory Paul but sadly the world doesn't work that way