Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
999 ring.
“ hello fire brigade”
“ my house is on fire”
“ sorry sir the firemen are not allowed out after 6pm , call back in the morning”
Stupid I know but ?
The bins might be the least of our problems.

Just deal with the criminals ,don’t blame everyone.

Because a curfew wouldnt be exactly like lockdown with jobs a valid reason to leave home ..

Pubs however would definitely die out

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The funny thing is, I've never been to a B&B where the owners have invited me out to archery, pottery or riding lessons.
If I were asked, "How friendly were your hosts", I'd have to reply, "well they gave me the keys and I didn't see them again until breakfast"....
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Perfect 10 out of 10 hosts for me!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because a curfew wouldnt be exactly like lockdown with jobs a valid reason to leave home ..

Pubs however would definitely die out
So most men would look for evening jobs so they could go out in the daytime.
It’s a silly motion but the Baroness was after a reaction.
It dosnt solve the problem of women feeling unsafe.
But ultimately that’s Boris job to keep his citizens safe.

D

Deleted member 1147

So most men would look for evening jobs so they could go out in the daytime.
It’s a silly motion but the Baroness was after a reaction.
It dosnt solve the problem of women feeling unsafe.
But ultimately that’s Boris job to keep his citizens safe.
The only men who can do anything in reality are the cabinet. They can increase police funding, put more bobbies on the beat and have more visible policing. That may keep people safer.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When I was in Buenos Aires on holiday with the Mrs quite a few years ago, we were staying in the old quarter. There were a lot of armed police out and about. A lot. Partly because it was the week after someone had snatched Chelsea Clinton's hand bag. There seemed to be at least a pair of them on every block.

I felt quite safe. Loads of plod, what can go wrong. Mrs Mog on the other hand, didn't. Her view was very much if they need all of these police, it must be really dangerous out there. Surprised me how much our perceptions were the opposite.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was in Buenos Aires on holiday with the Mrs quite a few years ago, we were staying in the old quarter. There were a lot of armed police out and about. A lot. Partly because it was the week after someone had snatched Chelsea Clinton's hand bag. There seemed to be at least a pair of them on every block.

I felt quite safe. Loads of plod, what can go wrong. Mrs Mog on the other hand, didn't. Her view was very much if they need all of these police, it must be really dangerous out there. Surprised me how much our perceptions were the opposite.
That’s human nature.
My wife always laughs at me because the first thing I do when I stay in a hotel or strange building is track the fire escape.