Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
With defeatist attuides it never will

Change is never easy

Education from a very young age along with harsher penalties may be the only way , but even then you wont stop the odd nutters that frequent every country of the world. Its always the same, as with this recent murder, neighbour's say " he seemed to be a really nice fellow " I personally think that the biggest fear of walking in a park after dark is likely to be teens with knives!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A bit risky I know, but how about a policy of asking people what they’d like to be called?
Education from a very young age along with harsher penalties may be the only way , but even then you wont stop the odd nutters that frequent every country of the world. Its always the same, as with this recent murder, neighbour's say " he seemed to be a really nice fellow " I personally think that the biggest fear of walking in a park after dark is likely to be teens with knives!

Singapore seem to have found good ways of deterring bad behaviour! But they will not find favour with the woke

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Singapore seem to have found good ways of deterring bad behaviour! But they will not find favour with the woke

And thereby lies a problem. We will never be tough enough on many crimes but the threat of even capital punishment has not stopped murderers back in the day.

D

Deleted Member 1156

And thereby lies a problem. We will never be tough enough on many crimes but the threat of even capital punishment has not stopped murderers back in the day.
Bring back the Krays and the Richardsons . Women were safe and wrong'uns were worried ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Sorry to hear that Paul, it's a bad one.

Not intending to be doom and gloom, but I saw my mum go from healthy to a skeleton and die in 5 months with that, so I have genuine compassion and experience.

Hope it works out ?
Cheers mate. Sadly it took a much loved family member as well a few years back.

This lad is your typical ex-squaddie, finished his 22, new home, job etc, kept himself fit and gets hit with this in his mid 40’s, absolutely gutted.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
By not burying our heads in the sand, have a grown up discussion and accepting there are issues across society that may take generations to change.

Maybe we can tackle one issue at a time and accept we may need everybody to be involved.

Some issues may involve all and some issues some.

How’s that for a starter?

A search for Utopia and a complete denial of the fact that bad men exist and always will . ( Find me a time when they didn't).
Society can only resolve to catch and control them, and prevent their efforts as much as possible.
What cannot be done, is what you want I.e. Create attitudes in everyone never to mistreat or abuse women because they are women..
This Country tries to do that, through schools and laws, but then vested interests prey on human nature to change that, and so good and bad exist alongside each other.But because what you want so much is unattainable , you wrongly blame a whole gender, and society in general, instead of addressing your wrath at the bad guys.
That is not fair on the good men, I.e the majority.
Our British Society has created the laws that attempt to protect women.
But some men decide to break those laws, just as some men decide to break every law on the statute book.
It's an unpalatable fact of human nature. All society can do is deal with those lawbreakers.

D

Deleted member 16999

A search for Utopia and a complete denial of the fact that bad men exist and always will . ( Find me a time when they didn't).
Society can only resolve to catch and control them, and prevent their efforts as much as possible.
What cannot be done, is what you want I.e. Create attitudes in everyone never to mistreat or abuse women because they are women..
This Country tries to do that, through schools and laws, but then vested interests prey on human nature to change that, and so good and bad exist alongside each other.But because what you want so much is unattainable , you wrongly blame a whole gender, and society in general, instead of addressing your wrath at the bad guys.
But some men decide to break those laws, just as some men decide to break every law on the statute book.
It's an unpalatable fact of human nature. All society can do is deal with those lawbreakers.
Once again, your putting words in my mouth! It’s not only about laws, it can be about behaviour or attitude, the way we speak about them, talk about them, the examples we set as parents.
But I’m wasting my breath, you obviously have the answer and that it seems is to do nothing.

I’m out!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finding out a close friend has pancreatic cancer:mad:

Far more than a random irritation, but we don’t have an “angry and really pi55ed off” thread.

All the best wishes for him, nasty especially with support not being at it best atm. There are plenty of support groups out there if you do a bit of research.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife will be mildly irritated if I am put on a 6 o’clock curfew... she asked who will put the bins out ?
But also what time in the morning will I be allowed out?
This is just in case planning...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn’t worry about any of this, it’s got to get past a bunch of old men to be a law ...
?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Once again, your putting words in my mouth! It’s not only about laws, it can be about behaviour or attitude, the way we speak about them, talk about them, the examples we set as parents.
But I’m wasting my breath, you obviously have the answer and that it seems is to do nothing.

I’m out!
Personally I thought you initial post was extremely offensive to men.
I’ve been brought up to treat & speak about women correctly,I’ve brought my son up to do so.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Contestants on Four in a Bed whose response to any criticism is that it's "game playing" - no actually your place is a hovel and the breakfast inedible!

The funny thing is, I've never been to a B&B where the owners have invited me out to archery, pottery or riding lessons.
If I were asked, "How friendly were your hosts", I'd have to reply, "well they gave me the keys and I didn't see them again until breakfast"....
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife will be mildly irritated if I am put on a 6 o’clock curfew... she asked who will put the bins out ?
But also what time in the morning will I be allowed out?
This is just in case planning...
999 ring.
“ hello fire brigade”
“ my house is on fire”
“ sorry sir the firemen are not allowed out after 6pm , call back in the morning”
Stupid I know but ?
The bins might be the least of our problems.

Just deal with the criminals ,don’t blame everyone.