Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
And if anyone had actually asked me to clarify what I meant rather than attack, get personal and then describe me as woke and greatly offended I would of.

I’m not stupid or naive enough to believe every man is a murderer or an abuser, what I posted was taken as I believe the opposite. And just like others on here, I am guilty of playing the poster and not the post.

Then you must also understand the interpretive nature of what you posted, that had no such context. I responded with a reasoned rebuttal using analogies that are level and fair to the context that was available. Some other's didn't but that is their choice.

In the world of the written word, without nuance or inflection, the context is key and without it such things are bound to happen.

As others are now randomly irritated by this, and I respect their right to be, I will bow out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe people should recognise the thread title and not go on at posters, I didn’t feel it needed its own thread as it was initially no more than a random irritation, but I reserve the right to defend myself.
One of the key features of this thread is that people are allowed to have their irritations (y)

D

Deleted Member 1156

The ONS. Applied for a temp job with them, had an online interview, completed all the forms, sent in all the required documents. Then heard nothing for 3 weeks then an email saying I wasn't successful. Today I get an email informing me my contract is being emailed and I'll have it within 48 hours ?

D

Deleted member 25172

The ONS. Applied for a temp job with them, had an online interview, completed all the forms, sent in all the required documents. Then heard nothing for 3 weeks then an email saying I wasn't successful. Today I get an email informing me my contract is being emailed and I'll have it within 48 hours ?

That's the slowest email I've ever heard of! :p:p:p.

Edit: DOH! Email received now just a confirmation. Contract to follow...

Well, congratulations to the job you have that you didn't get then I suppose. :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Contract agency made a similar mistake with me a couple of years back. Phoned me to say I hadn't been successful but a friend who worked for the client told me my name had been added to a resource board.
Phoned the agency and was told I had got the job bit theu'd made a mistake and had offered the wrong person.

Bit embarrassing for them.