Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 16999

Some of the recent threads started in the Out of Bounds section.

D

Deleted member 25172

Journalists not doing their job.

If 1-3 out of 1,000 tests gives a false positive it’s not “very likely”. That it comes out of the mouth from an acclaimed statistician makes it even worse.

Scare mongering.

A6A8D12C-81CD-4084-9C05-56236D818C88.jpeg

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
She is right though, in a way. It is extremely likely, if not an absolute certainty that there will be at least one false positive. It will be very strange if there isn't at least one, given the number of tests. Not a very insightful piece.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You've just returned from the supermarket after doing a massive shop.
You get all the bags out of the boot and you're doing a good impression of that Geezer out of the Yorkie advert with 6 bags in each hand and 24 cans of Coke balanced on your head.
Her indoors then stops and says "Oh, look at next doors daffodils"....
??????

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hey If I've gotta work......but lets not forget there's an epidemic on and people have been told to STAY AT HOME where possible, so the queues won't happen will they? Hmmmmmmm.

And also it was a bit of humour. Come on!!!!

I have some difficulty in working out a correlation between "stay at home" and "queues wont happen" unless we all choose not to eat of course, but with the Edinburgh Fringe Festival cancelled your joke is unlikely to be voted " joke of the year" ?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have some difficulty in working out a correlation between "stay at home" and "queues wont happen" unless we all choose not to eat of course, but with the Edinburgh Fringe Festival cancelled your joke is unlikely to be voted " joke of the year" ?

A bit like most of my jokes. But I thought of one this morning......

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Irritated I had sufficient fortitude not to weaken and purchase any of the loveliness, at the foodie market, whilst out for our lockdown stroll....

Then to arrive home to find the bleep bleep washing machine has thrown a wobbly... Cutting the lawns put on hold... Appliance repairman mode engaged...

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Roy Keane being unable to offer A WORD of Congratulations to Rangers! Totally understand where he is coming from but just a bit of humility is a sign of strength