Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not going to sell anymore as it's not worth it and it took 4 days for me to get paid. I've noticed things are taking longer to be delivered so can only assume sellers are waiting for the payment before sending...which is fair enough and think I'd do the same.

It's pure greed by eBay

They already make enough

Had their own payment system in PayPal ... split from them.. want to make more money again ..

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I know I’m getting old, but some of the pronunciation of common words on the TV by people trying to be “street” is really knitting my yoghurt

It’s “opportunity” not “oppertuni-eee”
It’s “ability” not “abili-eee”

I’m normally the first to defend those who get hit by the grammar police , but this is just lazy

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I know I’m getting old, but some of the pronunciation of common words on the TV by people trying to be “street” is really knitting my yoghurt

I’m normally the first to defend those who get hit by the grammar police , but this is just lazy

Go Polish yer head.

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site

Oh the irony.:rolleyes:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Maybe they are pronouncing them correctly but its your old ears that are faulty...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife is insisting we babysit her friend's kid again tomorrow night. He is a hyperactive little git and it was torture last time. "It will be good practise for when we have one" she says - not really because I couldn't give a stuff about someone else's kid who's already 5 years old and a pain in the backside.

Told wife this

She said send them the twins for the weekend

No returns lol

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying on my shorts wednesday and they didn't even close.. I was like whoops lockdown been good .. so ordered 4 new pairs

Went to try on another pair yesterday . Fit fine? Went back to original pair

Fit fine ..

What the heck lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

But is it yaw-gurt or yoh-goort ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trying on my shorts wednesday and they didn't even close.. I was like whoops lockdown been good .. so ordered 4 new pairs

Fit fine ..

What the heck lol
Timing is everything. A year or two back I bought new work trousers at the start of January with some vouchers I got for Christmas. I have always worn a 34, but the 34s were a bit tight, I figured it was just that shop and their sizing, so I bought a couple of 36s. They've been ridiculously loose ever since, I think it turns out it was just a bit of post-Christmas belly that I soon lost. Oops.

That brings me onto another irritation in buying clothes recently. As I said, I've always bought 34 mostly, but recently I've bought jeans from Costco in a 34 that were too loose when I got them back so I had to go back and get them in 32. Couple of weeks later bought shorts in Costco, so I thought I'd buy them in 32 - too tight, had to take them back and get a 34. What I've realised is, I'm probably bang on a size 33. But that doesn't exist anywhere since they only make even numbers for some stupid reason, so I'm destined to have trousers either extremely snug or with an inch of space, for the rest of my life.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Fit fine ..

What the heck lol
I’m the opposite ???
Tried on my shorts the other day and all fell straight down thanks to my lockdown weight loss. Going to cost me a fortune in new clothes, both social, golf and work - especially as I have just left the RAF and have to buy my own work clothes (whenever I start in the office)

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Timing is everything. A year or two back I bought new work trousers at the start of January with some vouchers I got for Christmas. I have always worn a 34, but the 34s were a bit tight, I figured it was just that shop and their sizing, so I bought a couple of 36s. They've been ridiculously loose ever since, I think it turns out it was just a bit of post-Christmas belly that I soon lost. Oops.

That brings me onto another irritation in buying clothes recently. As I said, I've always bought 34 mostly, but recently I've bought jeans from Costco in a 34 that were too loose when I got them back so I had to go back and get them in 32. Couple of weeks later bought shorts in Costco, so I thought I'd buy them in 32 - too tight, had to take them back and get a 34. What I've realised is, I'm probably bang on a size 33. But that doesn't exist anywhere since they only make even numbers for some stupid reason, so I'm destined to have trousers either extremely snug or with an inch of space, for the rest of my life.
Think of it like club shaft stiffness. All you can tell from with a "stiff" shaft is it is probably stiffer than the same model of shaft in "regular". Can't really compare between manufactures, or even models within a manufacturer.
It's much the same with clothes these days. All 32 means is that it's probably smaller than the same item of clothing in a 34. ;)