Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair (and I know that many of these people will have issues to deal with down the line) but the news stories, social media etc about how people are enjoying the sun on furlough, how people are meeting up with friends and family etc on furlough whilst I am sat at my desk as I have been throughout gets to me a bit. I know, totally irrational and I am in a far better place than most but when furlough is portrayed by some as a fun, paid holiday when the sun is out and people can meet up (I know it is not) it can get a little tiresome.

Never been furloughed either. Worked solidly with one unpaid break in December.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Listening to callers in to David Lammy earlier on LBC - the rationale given by some around not getting vaccinated made me despair...especially when members of the black community linked their reluctance or refusal to be vaccinated with their life-long experiences of racism...

As Lammy pointed out - if the black community doesn't 'up their game' on this and there is a 3rd wave - he knows who is going to be blamed - and he knows that the blame might be being appropriately directed - at least in part. So frustrating - but I guess we are seeing present and real an issue that affects us all of the racist seed that has been sown over the decades.
Those that choose not to get the jab without a medical reason, will only have themselves to blame if the worst happens.
There will be some who are here illegally and not in the system, and scared they get found out and deported.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was in lockdown, Tier 3 or Tier 4 pretty much the whole of the time and so did no see much point in taking holiday to sit around the house.
Not good. Where I work was telling us to take leave and make sure we had a break. There was no provision to carry over extra leave unless you had good reason, and COVID wasn’t considered a good reason. Totally agreed with this approach

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not good. Where I work was telling us to take leave and make sure we had a break. There was no provision to carry over extra leave unless you had good reason, and COVID wasn’t considered a good reason. Totally agreed with this approach
We can carry a week over each year for the next 4 years so at least got an extra week every year for a while

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Those that choose not to get the jab without a medical reason, will only have themselves to blame if the worst happens.
There will be some who are here illegally and not in the system, and scared they get found out and deported.
Wow. Just wow. You think people who are being invited for vaccinations are saying no because it’s some kind of elaborate scheme to find illegals and deport them. Do you call into David Lammy to abuse him, by any chance?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was in lockdown, Tier 3 or Tier 4 pretty much the whole of the time and so did no see much point in taking holiday to sit around the house.

Surprised your work allowed you to do that as it's not good not to have a break. They have some responsibility for staff welfare. I couldn't do it. I deserve more.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Wow. Just wow. You think people who are being invited for vaccinations are saying no because it’s some kind of elaborate scheme to find illegals and deport them. Do you call into David Lammy to abuse him, by any chance?

Blimey, do you not read what is written ? The second paragraph merely suggests that some illegals will think the fact that they are here illegally may be found out if they come forward for vaccination.
That's a completely different thing from saying what you have said above.

Jeez!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blimey, do you not read what is written ? The second paragraph merely suggests that some illegals will think the fact that they are here illegally may be found out if they come forward for vaccination.

Jeez!
Thank you (y), sadly some people just look for an argument :cry::cry:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This started off as a nice thought - was queuing to get into Tesco's yesterday and I let a mother with two young children move in front of me as I was near the entrance to save her walking to the back of the queue some 30 yards behind. We were chatting and as we got to the front, an old guy just came along with a trolley and pushed straight in front, no "excuse me", just barged in ignoring social distancing in the process. Both of us said something to him and got told where to go that he was disabled and did not have to queue. And a nob.
He has probably been like that all his life. Just used a different excuse when he was younger.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Jeez!
I read exactly what was written. Illegals won’t be choosing not to have the vaccination as they won’t be getting an invite for one, ergo his suggestion that the reason people aren’t accepting vaccination because they’re here illegally is nonsense.

Which then leads us to wonder why anyone automatically associates people of non-white backgrounds with being an illegal immigrant...

Open your eyes and see unrecognised prejudice for what it is. This is exactly the sort of thing that we need to root out in society. Ignorance is no excuse anymore.