Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw this myself with a woman whinging that people are allowed to play sports but she can’t take her mother shopping. Pathetic.

It is not as if it is a long wait, she can in 2 weeks time (hopefully). As with most things during this, too many have looked at what is permitted and forget that that may be the be all and end all to some people. My mum is on her own now and golf his her major social interaction and she is like a kid at Xmas today. Trouble is, people choose not to look at that, they would rather bash the fact that some things are allowed rather than be glad that someone is now doing what they love, feel happy for them and hope that their thing is on the permitted list soon.

Would so laugh if at a press conference the announcement was that Dave from Kettering thinks it is wrong that people can play golf when he cannot take his kids to the Cinema and we agree so we have banned golf for the whole country again. People never say in their argument whether they mean that more things should be allowed or whether they feel that the permitted activity should be banned.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is not as if it is a long wait, she can in 2 weeks time (hopefully). As with most things during this, too many have looked at what is permitted and forget that that may be the be all and end all to some people. My mum is on her own now and golf his her major social interaction and she is like a kid at Xmas today. Trouble is, people choose not to look at that, they would rather bash the fact that some things are allowed rather than be glad that someone is now doing what they love, feel happy for them and hope that their thing is on the permitted list soon.

Would so laugh if at a press conference the announcement was that Dave from Kettering thinks it is wrong that people can play golf when he cannot take his kids to the Cinema and we agree so we have banned golf for the whole country again. People never say in their argument whether they mean that more things should be allowed or whether they feel that the permitted activity should be banned.
I think it's clear that the argument usually translates to "I want to do what I want!"

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Serious irritation!!

At some point the temp control knob in my beer fridge has been knocked/nudged. 7 exploding cans of beer and 3 bottles of white Rioja with the corks popped!

Counselling is booked...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's clear that the argument usually translates to "I want to do what I want!"

I know but it does wind people up when your response is 'you are right, we should extend the ban on that activity' rather then support their view that their chosen pastime should be allowed.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This started off as a nice thought - was queuing to get into Tesco's yesterday and I let a mother with two young children move in front of me as I was near the entrance to save her walking to the back of the queue some 30 yards behind. We were chatting and as we got to the front, an old guy just came along with a trolley and pushed straight in front, no "excuse me", just barged in ignoring social distancing in the process. Both of us said something to him and got told where to go that he was disabled and did not have to queue. And a nob.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know but it does wind people up when your response is 'you are right, we should extend the ban on that activity' rather then support their view that their chosen pastime should be allowed.
Yeah that's one of the problems I guess, people don't think about how their moaning could negatively affect others. We were all bummed about golf being shut, but at least all sports were in the same boat.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Expanding upon that - I would see no issue with vaccination passports to allow those who’ve had the vaccine to do things that those who haven’t wouldn’t be able to do, as long as it’s clear that we can progress the vaccine program quickly. I would prohibit those who refuse the vaccine from things like flying in the short term until here immunity is proven in our population.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Expanding upon that - I would see no issue with vaccination passports to allow those who’ve had the vaccine to do things that those who haven’t wouldn’t be able to do, as long as it’s clear that we can progress the vaccine program quickly. I would prohibit those who refuse the vaccine from things like flying in the short term until here immunity is proven in our population.

That would be pretty funny in one respect to see all the anti-vaxxers up in arms about it. And then the lawsuits would follow :-( But we could send them a postcard in the meantime :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally sour grapes I know but articles and reports about how people are spending their first day of relaxed lockdown, from playing golf to meeting friends and family etc. Me, I am spending it at work, in the same way that I have spent every other day of lockdown.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a couple of Sainsburys gift cards that I tried to use at the weekend, both had expired so I rang the help line to try and get them extended explaining that I had been able to use them due to a year of lockdown but no, I could only send them back to them and for an admin fee of 3:50 a card they could get me a refund.
Zero empathy ?

Along these lines ... One4all gift cards! Complete crock of (bad word)

Every Xmas and bday I get one from my aunt

Lovely thought. Not a question there , very grateful I get anything ofc

But they litterally go to the wife to buy clothes for the kids now lol

For example £15 I get

To use online (shops are closed) you have to spend exactly £15.. you can't top the card up once it's £15 .. and you can't spend the £15 and then pay with a debit card .. it has to cover the entire purchase ..

Since lockdown I have had £45 worth of cards (2 bdays and a Xmas)

£45 worth of kids clothes lol because I just can't use them for anything I'd use

Why don't they just make them like a gift card or just make it so I can add the difference!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jean, today’s racist caller on LBC. Easily found on social media. What utter scum of the earth.

Just caught what you are referencing on twitter

Sounded like she misunderstood for a min.. then she just came out with polluting. Just wow.

He handled it well. Wish he represented my area

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just caught what you are referencing on twitter

Sounded like she misunderstood for a min.. then she just came out with polluting. Just wow.

He handled it well. Wish he represented my area
I wonder when the penny will drop for her and she realises that both the Angles and the Saxons were immigrants.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder when the penny will drop for her and she realises that both the Angles and the Saxons were immigrants.

I'm surprised he didn't mention it lol maybe he didn't want to burst her bubble

Need restrictions lifted asap so she can be vile to her friends in a little coffee morning and not national radio (if Jean won't be educated)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seemingly [not certain that this is true] the scientist who became the first covid vaccine 'inventor' was the son of an Asian immigrant to Germany.
Adolf [and probably Jean] would have been furious.