Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
DFS

i did exactly the same last week. I was going to post on here but it was far too painful. I feel for you but not literally:mad:
Reminds me of one day after a Bristol Downs League match and showering in the cell block that was the changing rooms. I had a groin twinge and straight out if the hot shower I decided to rub in some Deep Heat...never tried that again.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just "booked" my first music concert for 2022; cancelled from April 2021, which in turn was cancelled from May 2020. :(

Still hoping that my only one booked for the year goes ahead. Had Passenger booked for February 2021 at Rock City, been bumped to September 2021 so hoping that one is going to be OK.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still hoping that my only one booked for the year goes ahead. Had Passenger booked for February 2021 at Rock City, been bumped to September 2021 so hoping that one is going to be OK.

Booked a gig in September also - everything crossed!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Went to Rock City for the first time last year (a few weeks before lockdown) cracking venue ?
Got two gigs so far this year, the big thing at Hyde Park to see Pearl Jam and Pixies then Genesis which is in November now I think.
Hopefully one or the other goes ahead, maybe get to see Phil Collins with Genesis before he's unable to tour anymore.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to Rock City for the first time last year (a few weeks before lockdown) cracking venue ?
Got two gigs so far this year, the big thing at Hyde Park to see Pearl Jam and Pixies then Genesis which is in November now I think.
Hopefully one or the other goes ahead, maybe get to see Phil Collins with Genesis before he's unable to tour anymore.

Rock City has always been local to me so I have been going there since I was a Teenager. Still a great day out, lunch at Annie's Burger Shack, few beers around Nottingham then off to a gig at Rock City.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Rock City has always been local to me so I have been going there since I was a Teenager. Still a great day out, lunch at Annie's Burger Shack, few beers around Nottingham then off to a gig at Rock City.
Before we got married, Mrs Imurg lived and worked in Nottingham so I was up there most weekends...went to Rock City plenty of times...a great venue.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good thing about Carnac was they where fairly wide. Alas they don't appear to still be trading. still got my 3 pairs, two road and one MTB.

Carnac as a brand is available from Planet-x I have one of their helmets, which is just like a Kask, only 10% of the price with the same CE sticker!! Seems their shoes are only 'planetX' brand though, no Carnac ones.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I've already had a comedy gig put back to 2022 from 2020, now sweating on Bryan Adams in July (outdoor), Eagles at Wembley Stadium in August, Beth Hart at The Palladium & Elton John at the O2 in November moving.

I think, as a fate sort of thing, that Beth Hart will be the first unaffected one to go ahead as she was the last artist that we saw prior to the :poop: storm. And if she wants to bring Kris Barras as support again that's absolutely fine with me.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've already had a comedy gig put back to 2022 from 2020, now sweating on Bryan Adams in July (outdoor), Eagles at Wembley Stadium in August, Beth Hart at The Palladium & Elton John at the O2 in November moving.

I think, as a fate sort of thing, that Beth Hart will be the first unaffected one to go ahead as she was the last artist that we saw prior to the :poop: storm. And if she wants to bring Kris Barras as support again that's absolutely fine with me.

Crikey, looking at that list of gigs I'd be praying for a complete cancellation ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just "booked" my first music concert for 2022; cancelled from April 2021, which in turn was cancelled from May 2020. :(
Same - the gig I had for June 21st which I hoped might go ahead has been shifted to January! Download has been pushed back another year as well so I just took the refund since I don't know if I can make it in another year's time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same - the gig I had for June 21st which I hoped might go ahead has been shifted to January! Download has been pushed back another year as well so I just took the refund since I don't know if I can make it in another year's time.

Download was unlucky, I reckon if it were a month or 2 later it would have been the first post pandemic UK festival.

sunshine

Visit site
The TV ads for loans. Apparently I can borrow 16k at 99.9% APR almost no questions asked. That is some interest on a large sum of money. Pay day loan rates were mental, but at least they were only meant to be short term. 16k for a car (as advertised, along with debt clearance and diy) isn't a short term loan. It is preying on the poor and disadvantaged.

Although I agree with you, I think the reality is it is preying on the selfish, greedy and materialistic people who believe they are entitled to stuff they can't afford.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Although I agree with you, I think the reality is it is preying on the selfish, greedy and materialistic people who believe they are entitled to stuff they can't afford.
Not good but a heck of a lot better than the 5853% that Wonga (not sadly missed) used to charge.

Unfortunately these lenders also meet the desperate needs of many of the very poorest in our society - when this form of loan is pretty much their only recourse once they have run out of money and none is due for another week...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not good but a heck of a lot better than the 5853% that Wonga (not sadly missed) used to charge.

Unfortunately these lenders also meet the desperate needs of many of the very poorest in our society - when this form of loan is pretty much their only recourse once they have run out of money and none is due for another week...

The point you have missed, is that in theory, Wonga lent small amounts, over a short period of time. (Yes, if you didn't pay it back, it ramped, horribly). Why is this worse? 99.9% on 16k. No one borrows 16k over a few days, or months. It takes years to pay back 16k, if you haven't got it, and if you had, why borrow it. A 16k loan over 12 months at 100% is going to cost you 2666 every month. That is not nice.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The point you have missed, is that in theory, Wonga lent small amounts, over a short period of time. (Yes, if you didn't pay it back, it ramped, horribly). Why is this worse? 99.9% on 16k. No one borrows 16k over a few days, or months. It takes years to pay back 16k, if you haven't got it, and if you had, why borrow it. A 16k loan over 12 months at 100% is going to cost you 2666 every month. That is not nice.
Didn't really miss it - I'm only reflecting on the size of the interest rate charged. What you have described is - in my view - completely disgraceful. But you correctly identify the problem as being the significant sector of our society that is acquisitive and entitled. There is however the other very dark side of borrowing - those who have to borrow to live.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Carnac as a brand is available from Planet-x I have one of their helmets, which is just like a Kask, only 10% of the price with the same CE sticker!! Seems their shoes are only 'planetX' brand though, no Carnac ones.
looks like they bought the name when it went out of business. they were fantastic shoes all well made of good materials, seems they couldn't compete against mass production.. a shame