Rage or Joe?

B

birdieman

Well what do you think about Xmas No.1 contest?

I'm not exactly a chart listener :eek: but I do love rock music and am enjoying seeing the power of the people being voiced through the internet. The RATM song has tremendous power and a brilliant heavy funky drop D riff going on that makes you want to jump round the room like you were 16 again. :eek: :D
I imagine a lot of people of my demographic would love to see RATM top of the charts with their epic track Killing in the name of, I know I would just for the hell of it and to knock that dreadful X Factor lot into touch. It does seem X Factor suits reckon they're always a shoe in for Xmas no.1 and it is good to have a contest at least. However RATM is not exacty festive is it?
The Xmas no.1 was a contest we all enjoyed as kids and I'm hopeful RATM will open the eyes of a young generation to rock music instead of the dross like Cheryl Cole they listen to today.
Joe seems like a nice enough lad but his song is a bit of a durge imo and has been written and released previously by Americans so is no more British than RATM.

Which would you prefer?

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've been into RATM for years, Tom Morello is a legend, they could have picked a better song to re-release, ie. Bullet in the head. But yeah what a track, video is great too.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which would you prefer?

Neither. Are there no other runners?

Cliff ain't releasing Mistletoe and Wine this year, sorry Dave ;)

Thank goodness. Maybe everyone should spend their cash on Peter Kay's Animated all-stars and hope that the "profit" (after costs) goes somewhere other than to Sony.
At least it'd bring some fun to the kids, more than J-Mac and certainly a lot more than RATM (not that I have anything in particular against either).

I've already bought the X-factor charity single and sent £15 to GOSH.

B

birdieman

I thought RATM were giving all proceeds to the Shelter charity?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
What annoys me is that everyone associated with the X Factor assume they have the right to be Xmas number 1. Have heard no end of statements on how this campaign is bitter and unfair on Joe. No it is not, it is a decent effort to bring back the tradition of a race to be Xmas number 1.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Said on the radio this morning that RATM are also on Cowells label so win win for Cowell.

Don't give a shi'ite who's No1. Does it matter anymore?

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OK so X thousand sign up to the RATM facebook campaign but how many are actually going to buy the record?
I don't care who is actualy no1 but like the guy who started the campaign, I wish we could get back to making proper christmas records.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't particularly like the RATM song, but I downloaded it anyway, just to contribute to the anti-X Factor campaign. I hate these manufactured exploitation shows.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I don't particularly like the RATM song, but I downloaded it anyway, just to contribute to the anti-X Factor campaign. I hate these manufactured exploitation shows.

So the "Rage" attempt at no 1 isnt manufactured or exploiting anyone then

Someone very clever is making a pile out of this and it aint me