Rage or Joe?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't particularly like the RATM song, but I downloaded it anyway, just to contribute to the anti-X Factor campaign. I hate these manufactured exploitation shows.

So the "Rage" attempt at no 1 isnt manufactured or exploiting anyone then

Someone very clever is making a pile out of this and it aint me

The people who buy X Factor winners every year are being exploited. If Simon Cowell wanted a monkey playing a ukelele to win, that would have been umber 1 most years. The RATM thing was a protest just to put two fingers up to Cowell.

Remember such timeless classic Christmas number 1s as Shayne Ward: That's My Goal, or Leon Jackson: When You Believe?

No, neither do I, and Cowell is to blame for those.

B

birdieman

Glad to hear RATM won, shows the voice of the people can still be heard if galvanised behind a worthwhile cause i.e. keeping sappy Cowell inspired elevator-music off the top of the Xmas charts. ;) It's a bit of fun and I would expect to see a similar campaign next year as people will enjoy annoying Cowell again now they know they can.
Although Sony are the winners so is the charity Shelter - a very worthwhile cause.
Plus RATM will play a large free UK gig in 2010 which is a nice gesture. :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I want to see Joe's sappy little face. Bet he's crying his eyes out as thats the only time he'll get to number 1 at Christmas. In my opinion he was one of the weakest finalists and rode on the back of being a Geordie like Cole. He'll get a number one because Cowell will keep pumping sugar coated garbage out to appeal to the gullable teen market who'll lap it up.

At least RATM play proper music and have had a durability about their career.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This should certainly be an annual thing and I think the songs put up against X-Factor should get increasingly obscure and ridiculous. Here is to Simon Cowell being beaten by Agadoo and the Birdie Song