Professional Golf 2024

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Scheffler 1st in Strokes Gained tee to green.

66th/70 in Strokes Gained putting…

He is the literal polar opposite of “putt for dough”… If he could just find a middle ground with his putting, he would be achieving peak Tiger levels of success.

It’s clearly very much in his head atm, there’s extra focus on his putts, he is over thinking and over reading everything.

Surely there’s a putting coach out there that could resolve whatever his issues are? It’s not even that he needs to learn to putt well, he just needs to putt slightly better!
Sometimes it's not technical or mental, sometimes, like myself, it is an inability to read greens/putts.

When I look at a green all I see is flat, no slopes, nuances, just a flat green. It is almost as if I am green reading dyslectic.

My golfing buds can't get their collective heads around it, "you can't see that slope there?" "No! Do you think I'm missing on purpose you *******?" It is incredibly frustrating, and I often wonder how many Pros are similarly inflicted, Lee Westwood being one in particular that seemed to miss putts by too much for it to be a technical issue.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Sometimes it's not technical or mental, sometimes, like myself, it is an inability to read greens/putts.

When I look at a green all I see is flat, no slopes, nuances, just a flat green. It is almost as if I am green reading dyslectic.

My golfing buds can't get their collective heads around it, "you can't see that slope there?" "No! Do you think I'm missing on purpose you *******?" It is incredibly frustrating, and I often wonder how many Pros are similarly inflicted, Lee Westwood being one in particular that seemed to miss putts by too much for it to be a technical issue.
Have you tried Aimpoint?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No ! Tiger is on now ! Saw him putting a line on his ball, and a shot of his mobile phone valet taking in from him because it was upsetting his balance having it in his back pocket.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I can't do it any longer, shoelaces, burgers, bags, that same clip of film over and over. I'm going to watch the football.

As an aside, is anyone else getting the impression that Rory isn't quite as welcome as he once was. Pushed into the opposite side of the draw from Tiger and friends, no more coverage than anyone else. Has he annoyed someone?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can't do it any longer, shoelaces, burgers, bags, that same clip of film over and over. I'm going to watch the football.

As an aside, is anyone else getting the impression that Rory isn't quite as welcome as he once was. Pushed into the opposite side of the draw from Tiger and friends, no more coverage than anyone else. Has he annoyed someone?

be easier to list who he hasnt annoyed lol

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

We saw him on the range 54 minutes before his tee time,somehow it got overlooked 🤷‍♂️

Fore Right

Visit site
Like I said the other day I have only ever seen this Tiger Woods.

Genuine Question
Is he damaging his legacy by continuing to try and play at this level while limping around and missing cuts.

People will remember these years as its the last they saw.
Great sportsmen always talk about retiring in their prime at the top of theit sport

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Like I said the other day I have only ever seen this Tiger Woods.

Genuine Question
Is he damaging his legacy by continuing to try and play at this level while limping around and missing cuts.

People will remember these years as its the last they saw.
Great sportsmen always talk about retiring in their prime at the top of theit sport

No not at all

How many top sportsmen do retire at the top of their sport? I can’t think of any tbh maybe Zidane

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeh. It just didnt look good from the start.
Will they call off the tournament ? Or carry on, maybe just giving refunds to the spectators ?

Edit : Sky switching to coverage of the last day of 2019 Masters.