Professional Golf 2024

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shame Lydia Ko couldn't get the one more win she needs to get into Hall of Fame, I'm sure it won't be long
(although a part of me fears she'll retire when she gets it done, can only hope its not the case)
Is there anything more meaningless in pro golf than The Hall of Fame? Surely your record says it all.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Is there anything more meaningless in pro golf than The Hall of Fame? Surely your record says it all.

Yeah you'd think so but apparently not. Its a tough 'club' to get into on 'wins' merit

And for something more meaningless in pro golf..... i submit the pgat PIP winners for your consideration :p

Visit site

Not sure if discussed, believe this was on the Saturday?

I would say that getting a wedge out, properly patting the grass down, then switching back to a full shot is completely taking the mick out of the spirit of the gameā€¦ regardless of whether the rules allow it or not.

Iā€™d almost be tempted to say, once youā€™ve addressed the ball with a club, you shouldnā€™t be allowed to change it. That would avoid this (increasingly common) scenario where pros grab a 3 wood, hybrid, wedge, etc and go through a number of clubs improving the lie, then somehow the ball ends up coming flying out of the thick rough with a long iron.

There is no chance Clark was ever thinking about hitting the wedge, especially given he was literally pointing clubhead and stance into the pond.

Itā€™s another ā€œwouldnā€™t get away with it with your playing partners in a weekly stablefordā€ situation

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Not sure if discussed, believe this was on the Saturday?

I would say that getting a wedge out, properly patting the grass down, then switching back to a full shot is completely taking the mick out of the spirit of the gameā€¦ regardless of whether the rules allow it or not.

Iā€™d almost be tempted to say, once youā€™ve addressed the ball with a club, you shouldnā€™t be allowed to change it. That would avoid this (increasingly common) scenario where pros grab a 3 wood, hybrid, wedge, etc and go through a number of clubs improving the lie, then somehow the ball ends up coming flying out of the thick rough with a long iron.

There is no chance Clark was ever thinking about hitting the wedge, especially given he was literally pointing clubhead and stance into the pond.

Itā€™s another ā€œwouldnā€™t get away with it with your playing partners in a weekly stablefordā€ situation

Jon Rahm got penalised for something very similar (although he actually did use the same club to play the shot) I believe..

Most people would agree that Wyndham has broken the rules there and should have been penalised.,

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Okay, that's dodgy :oops:. If you want to test the grass do so away from the ball.

These things get glossed over in golf though, commentators will always say how they trust a player if the player states they are suitably outraged by the claim of improving their lie etc. Not a good look.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
A lot of the top guys are showing some form already this year, Scottie put on a show yesterday!

If he putts like he did last week all season he will bag himself another major for sure!

Fore Right

Visit site
Pro Golf needs to come back together asap.

Public are turning off the PGA Tour, Bay Hills viewing figures were 30% down on last year. (Rory Quote)
Liv is increasing its traction slowly but in the big scheme of things the viewing numbers are not meaningful at all considering the player roster they now have.

Jay M is saying the right things about unifying the game but given his past record I take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've stuck a fiver on Scottie to win the Players. Finally changes putters last week and smashes the field by 5? Looking very ominous for the rest of the season now. That's all that was holding him back from pure domination. Will we see a Tiger-esque year from him?

AussieKB

Visit site
Have not got the Players on my radar this week, cannot get excited, hopefully they will sort something out and next year the field will the best players in the World.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have not got the Players on my radar this week, cannot get excited, hopefully they will sort something out and next year the field will the best players in the World.
47 out of the top 50 in the OWGR - according to PGA Tour on Insta.............................................

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I've stuck a fiver on Scottie to win the Players. Finally changes putters last week and smashes the field by 5? Looking very ominous for the rest of the season now. That's all that was holding him back from pure domination. Will we see a Tiger-esque year from him?
Thanks for ruining everyone elseā€™s bet šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Hard to see past Scottie Scheffler this week going on last weeks performance.
Hope Bob McIntyre has a good week so he gets in the Masters.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
47 out of the top 50 in the OWGR - according to PGA Tour on Insta.............................................
OWGR.... except for everyone who isn't in the world... for all sorts of reasons. The Tour and the press citing this is a bit cringe at this point.
I was listening to a pod this morning which explained that the big TV contract is dependent on each field reaching a certain OWGR strength. If I was running a TV station, I'd be poking around at this. I don't think they're getting what they used to for the money. The measure us definitely not an SI unit!

As for this week, I hope that Lowry's good form is rewarded.
Funniest outcome would be one of the European Tour blow-ins, that none of the US media has heard, of sweeping the boards.