• Completely negative

• Not that bothered but tending towards negative

• Totally neutral - don't care

• Not that bothered but tending towards positive

• Completely positive

Results are only viewable after voting.

IanMac

Visit site
Only in proportion to the %age of other players in the comp with similar handicaps and work ethic.
Perhaps you are suggesting higher cappers don't work as hard as low cappers.
Quite the.contrary. I never said it gave advantage to low handicappers and never saw that so the winners were those who practiced.

sunshine

Visit site
A very poor handicap system that lets people manipulate it through an app.

Also people can manipulate it and not do anything that can be flagged if they’re clever.
They only get caught if they are stupid or someone snitches.
All above board nothing to see here

People are defending the system as they don’t see it.
But others are telling us that it is a real problem.
Heads in the sand , or are the Rand A finally seeing what’s going on ?

I find this remarkable. Such widespread cheating at your golf club.

Also find it remarkable that my tongue in cheek comment about Liverpool was deleted.

Whether you like it or not, the problem of cheating is a cultural issue at your club, rather than a problem with the WHS. I’ve not seen or heard of anyone manipulating their handicap upwards.

This appears more of a social construct, eg in football it has become acceptable to cheat or dive, it’s even called “clever” by some people, whereas in many other sports nobody would even consider trying to con the referee.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Also find it remarkable that my tongue in cheek comment about Liverpool was deleted.

Whether you like it or not, the problem of cheating is a cultural issue at your club, rather than a problem with the WHS. I’ve not seen or heard of anyone manipulating their handicap upwards.

This appears more of a social construct, eg in football it has become acceptable to cheat or dive, it’s even called “clever” by some people, whereas in many other sports nobody would even consider trying to con the referee.
Likewise. I may be naive about it, or may not be looking or listening, but I’ve not got any great feeling of there being widespread or even occasional handicap upward manipulation at my place - certainly none that would be considered systematic cheating. There are some whose handicap is higher than known in the past and who play as if in the past…but I consider that to be same as ever was.

The lowest handicappers moan that winning of handicap comps for them is a thing of the past…but to be honest I consider that to be more about numbers and statistics…more mid-high teen handicappers and more of them working actively on improving.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

So because you havnt seen it it dosnt exist?

I havnt seen anyone with a knife so all knife crime dosnt exist.😳

Plenty on here have given examples of it but let’s just blame Liverpool.
Get your facts straight at least, the club is closer to Manchester.

IanMac

Visit site
So because you havnt seen it it dosnt exist?

I havnt seen anyone with a knife so all knife crime dosnt exist.😳

Plenty on here have given examples of it but let’s just blame Liverpool.
Get your facts straight at least, the club is closer to Manchester.
Stopping cheating won't fix WHS. It doesn't work even if everyone plays fairly.