Visit site
these might be useful for a lot of water. 😂

Attachments

• DC272310-3744-4471-9206-F02E35ACDE5D.jpeg
    DC272310-3744-4471-9206-F02E35ACDE5D.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Thankfully the rain was a lot less than I'd prepared for :)

I managed to get 36 pts despite the wind and constantly putting rain jacket on and off!

Course was sticky in places but quite playable.

Think if I went back it would be in the summer months.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tough weekend to keep stuff dry and so plenty of towels and gloves on the go. I just tried to take a methodical (not slow!) approach to ensure everything was dry before I hit a shot. Any mistakes were down to me and can't blame the conditions. Biggest necessity for me is my waterproof cap to keep as much rain off the glasses as possible.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tough weekend to keep stuff dry and so plenty of towels and gloves on the go. I just tried to take a methodical (not slow!) approach to ensure everything was dry before I hit a shot. Any mistakes were down to me and can't blame the conditions. Biggest necessity for me is my waterproof cap to keep as much rain off the glasses as possible.
I gave my new waterproof cap it's debut on Saturday as well. Sounds silly but I just find not having a cold wet head improves my mood quite a lot.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of tips ...

1. A waterproof bag only works if you remember to keep the pockets zipped shut ... :(
2. Buy the best waterproofs you can afford - and remember to take them with you ... :(

Wear a decent hat with a big brim - great for stopping water going down your neck. And I wouldn't worry about the merits of its sartorial elegance. To the casual observer, some numpty, attempting to push a pram loaded with sticks around a wet field in the tipping rain, isn't going to look any more ridiculous just because they happen to be wearing a bucket hat.:)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd get some all weather gloves. Not perfect, but better than a wet normal glove.
Not mad on having an umbrella, unless it is not windy. If I did have an umbrella, then have it on the trolley and don't faff about with it.
Decent all weather cap.

But main thing is, remembering that it's crap weather for everyone and likely 80% of people will have a rubbish score because they 'never play well in the rain'. So assuming it's a medal, straight away you only need to beat a small number of people.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't like an umbrella in any sort of wind and prefer to carry rather than attach to a trolley so I can keep it with me standing around on the putting green. I put a towel underneath so always have something to dry hands and grips. I think Grant85 has a good point and if you can retain a positive mind set and accept you'll hit some bad shots in the conditions, you're ahead of much of the field who will mentally give up as soon as they get damp

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Scots lad I played with (from Falkirk-ish) in the medal on Saturday and I agreed - as we plodded round in the rain - that down in Surrey/Hants area we both do better in comps when the weather is rubbish. And sure enough out of 85 who went out he was 4th and I was 8th.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Good waterproofs, wide brimmed hat, trolley, mac wets, Goretex shoes. No umbrella, can't be dicking about with one, more of a nuisance than of any use, keep your cover closed on your bag and crack on. Always helps in the halfway house is open for a nice cup of tea and a sausage roll after 9.