The Good, The Bad and The Useless (features)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Kinda like the topics in oob for good/bad/useless features on your car but for golf gear

Good – the little Velcro patch on my golf bag for sticking glove too. Glove doesn’t have to ‘pro-hang’ in back pocket and a very handy place when swapping between two gloves during a round

Bad – The ever increasing size/prominence of alignment aids on golf balls

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Good.

Range finders and GPS
Waterproof bags
Modern waterproof clothing
Modern clothing materials and styles

Bad

Ride on carts

RichA

Visit site
The pockets with magnetic closures on the Ping Hoofer bag that I gave away were great. The waterproof version has boring old zips.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Opinions on BOA anyone ?
Function. Worth it. Or gimmick ?
I think it depends on your feet.
Boa tightens all round the foot
I have wide front part of the foot but relatively narrow heel.
With laces I can have them looser at the front but tighter at the tongue.
Can't do that with Boa..tight at the front left my heel flapping about like a waterlogged pigeon...

sunshine

Visit site
I have a motocaddy cube push trolley.
Good: It's light, folds away into a compact shape, decent price and the bag sits in a good upright position.
Bad: motocaddy umbrella holder. The teeth at the joint to hold the umbrella upright are too small so the umbrella is forever slipping off at an angle.
Useless: There is a compartment with a lift up flap in the handle which is too small to be useful for anything. It has an elastic band to hold a scorecard (I assume) but this is too small to fit any scorecard.

sunshine

Visit site
Ball markers with alignment aids. I don't understand what they are for, because the marker won't be there when you stand over the ball to putt.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Useless, the chest pocket, with zip, on most waterproofs now. According to FJ it is there to put your card in but even the FJ rep had the decency to look embarrassed at that explanation. I suspect it is largely for aesthetic purposes and that tends to annoy me, irrationally so.

The card holder on my trolley that isn't big enough to take my own club card.

Good - The quality of waterproof gear now, even windproof etc. So much lighter, more flexible than gear from 20yrs ago.

GPS watches. Makes life so much easier when playing. I would not want to do without now.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The good...my Powakaddys CT8 ability to fold itself like a contortionist and fit stood up in the boot of my car.

The bad....Powkaddys "soft start" feature on its electric trolleys. Having been used to a prior trolley where you pushed the button and power was instantaneously delivered to the wheels, after a year of owning the PK, I am still not used to the soft start feature employed by PK....I push the button and nothing happens (because of the soft start), I immediately think "I haven't pushed it properly" so press it again....just at the same moment the motor powers into life from the original press...and then a moment later, the trolley powers down due to the second press. AAARGGH!!!

The useless... virtually every clip on rain cover for golf bags....never had a bag where this was well designed and allowed good access to clubs in the rain.