I played in the rain and....

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday in the rain as well and got soaked as my Galvin Green jacket doesn't keep the rain out, my Galvin Green bottoms do tho,

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why aren't waterproof jackets that are designed for golf made with hoods?
No matter how good the jacket is I always get rain seeping in around the neck.

It doesn't seem to look right out on the course but I'm going to start wearing my Rab walking jacket and just pull the hood up between shots.

I can only assume the lack of hood is just a fashion thing.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why aren't waterproof jackets that are designed for golf made with hoods?
No matter how good the jacket is I always get rain seeping in around the neck.

It doesn't seem to look right out on the course but I'm going to start wearing my Rab walking jacket and just pull the hood up between shots.

I can only assume the lack of hood is just a fashion thing.

If you had it down while swinging it could catch the club on the back swing in high winds.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today in the early downpour. My waterproofs worked, my Macwets worked, my new H2No bag worked but my bucket hat didn't so my hair was drenched:(

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wearing a glove feels so alien to me. I put one on yesterday for two shots then went without. So strange. Its as if I am holding the club with someone else's hands. hate it.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in the rain yesterday and....went out in 8 over gross and came back in 1-under. Weird. Oddly enjoyable. Stayed perfectly dry throughout!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Gaz, I'm just picturing a wind strong enough to have my Hood Flapping about and combined with Heavy rain I'm wondering what on earth I'm doing out on the Golf Course :D

I took a peek out the window this morning at 9am. Not for me. :whistle:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hoodies on a golf course....No

It only a hood, Its just practical Homer.

Ive seen worse crimes on a golf Course..

acd09a9182430c8f9697dbede651ac2f_zps3v24njtf.jpg

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday morning in the worst of the weekend weather. My waterproofs did a decent job but didn't bother with the brolly because the wind was ridiculous.

The biggest revelation were my new Srixon rain gloves, I've never bothered with rain gloves before but these were brilliant and kept perfect grip for the whole round.

Despite the wind (which bought down a tree behind the 7th) and the torrential rain, I thoroughly enjoyed myself :thup:

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Magnificent read, OP. I salute you.

I've learnt each of the lessons several times (slow learner sometimes) and I'm finally impervious to conditions thanks to the nice folks at: Galvin Green, Sealskins and Footjoy - rain gloves, not shoes which might as well be Crocs with softspikes in them.