Playing in the rain tips!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Ah I wouldn't have ordered that one as they're not adjustable and I'm not confident what size my head is. :LOL: Might be a good option for OP though. (y)

Semi-serious Q, how do you not know your head size? Its like not knowing what size scarf you need!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Semi-serious Q, how do you not know your head size? Its like not knowing what size scarf you need!
Almost all hats I've bought are one size fits all? Caps are adjustable, woolie hats are stretchy etc. Usually you don't need a size.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
As they say in Scotland, if there's nae wind and nae rain there's nae golf (marketing ploy).

I like playing in the rain. Then nobody sees me crying.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It rains - you just get on with it. Nothing a pair of MacWets won't stop, best rain glove on the market. No requirement for anything other than a pair of MacWets when the rains come a tumbling.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll give a bit of sympathy to Okiroku on this one. I can't wear hats like the TM one as a non adjustable hat doesn't fit my head, they are too tight. I need a proper adjustable one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why don't you just get a bigger size?
They only go to a certain size and I have yet to get one that is big enough. I bought a really nice Adidas one last year, L/XL and it hurts my head so I have stopped using it (yes, why buy it? I really liked it and convinced myself it would be okay. I was wrong). Under Armour are also not big enough, which is a shame as I like their caps.

The difficulty for the mfr is that they need to be elasticated and grip your head so they don't make even the L/XL that big. If anyone went to an XL /XXL it might work but I haven't seen one yet 😁. Until then it is adjustable only.

I don't think my head is actually that big but clearly it is larger than average in terms of circumference 😳.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They only go to a certain size and I have yet to get one that is big enough. I bought a really nice Adidas one last year, L/XL and it hurts my head so I have stopped using it (yes, why buy it? I really liked it and convinced myself it would be okay. I was wrong). Under Armour are also not big enough, which is a shame as I like their caps.

The difficulty for the mfr is that they need to be elasticated and grip your head so they don't make even the L/XL that big. If anyone went to an XL /XXL it might work but I haven't seen one yet 😁. Until then it is adjustable only.

I don't think my head is actually that big but clearly it is larger than average in terms of circumference 😳.

Jeeze I thought I had a big head

The L/XL fits me pretty well

I do have a M/L Titleist one which is a bit tight but I won it in a comp and there was no bigger sizes available.

I did get given a Druid's golf hat which are lovely but only come in one size, it fits (barely) so that is the one I am using at the moment. Come to think of it, I don't actually know where the Titleist one is.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The biggest hat they do in the storm one I got is tight on me however in the rain you don't notice

Tips for the rain

Go up a club and swing easier

Wear rain gloves like footjoy

Decent goretex trousers and jacket

Have a laugh

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don’t wear over trousers unless I wasn’t expecting the rain. Tailored waterproof trousers are the best way to go when you are virtually certain of rain. I have a great pair of Stromberg ones. No faffing about putting overtrousers on. No trying to find your pockets through a hole in your waterproofs. Finish the game and walk straight into the bar with dry trousers.