Phone app for tracking scores for a group

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys, heading to St Andrews next month with 13 others. Usually have a three day stableford comp.

What I'm after is an app that would enable me to set up a group and allow each player to enter their scores on their own phone, work out the stableford scores and keep it centrally. Rather than handling cards etc I could then just access all 13 scores and work out each day who's won etc.

Is there such a thing?

Cheers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think on VPAR you can enter multiple players scores, but I'm not sure if it goes to that level of detail. It might just be that you can enter four scores on one phone. I haven't had the app in a while so I'm not sure. Worth a look since the app is free.

D

Deleted member 25172

Guys, heading to St Andrews next month with 13 others. Usually have a three day stableford comp.

What I'm after is an app that would enable me to set up a group and allow each player to enter their scores on their own phone, work out the stableford scores and keep it centrally. Rather than handling cards etc I could then just access all 13 scores and work out each day who's won etc.

Is there such a thing?

Cheers.

I organised a friendly Texas Scramble a few years back and wanted to keep a live scoreboard so I simply created a google sheet and sent it to everyone and nominated the captain from each team to update their score for each hole. Same can of course be done individually. Super simple, and it was good fun seeing the scores updated throughout the round.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I organised a friendly Texas Scramble a few years back and wanted to keep a live scoreboard so I simply created a google sheet and sent it to everyone and nominated the captain from each team to update their score for each hole. Same can of course be done individually. Super simple, and it was good fun seeing the scores updated throughout the round.
Was toying with this but not sure how the non-techy ones will fare. I suppose the same could be said with an app

D

Deleted member 25172

Was toying with this but not sure how the non-techy ones will fare. I suppose the same could be said with an app

Exactly. Surely there's one in each group that is able enough to update the score for everyone in that group. You don't even have to have a google account I believe as long as you set up the sheet to be open for anyone with a link. So really, no tech what so ever. If they can't input a score there, then they probably don't have a smart phone at all. :D

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Vpar works.
Get everyone to sign up (free), add each other as friends and then simply set up the round. You can have upto 5 groups I believe.

I used it recently for a matchplay with 16 of us. Can do stableford, matchplay (singles and teams).

Bo Golf

Visit site
Another vote for Golf Gamebook. Free and super easy to use. Shows live leaderboard and you can set-up many different types of games if you like (stableford, 4BBB etc, Ryder Cup, longest drive, nearest pin etc).

One person can enter scores for the complete ball, or people enter their own scores depending on how tech savvy the players are.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Gone for the Google sheets thing. No need for everyone to sign up and things. It can also add up the points over the three days automatically. That'll save me about 5 mins for extra drinking ?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gone for the Google sheets thing. No need for everyone to sign up and things. It can also add up the points over the three days automatically. That'll save me about 5 mins for extra drinking ?

This sounds brilliant. Could you post a step by step, idiot proof instructions on how to do this?

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golf Gamebook certainly has a lot of options. The interface is a bit marmite I’d say half of us hate it. But no one has any better alternative.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf hubber also works for this.
We also use GolfHubber for our virtual swindles at the club. Generally works very well. It's definitely free to use for the individual but don't know whether that's the case for the "organiser" (ie the person who sets it up in the first place). Only issue seems to be with Android phones where several of us have noticed it seems to freeze a lot. Folk with iPhones have not noticed this and generally think its brilliant