Patrick Reed

Swango1980

Visit site

Here's apparently one of the examples Kostis discussed. Have noticed Reed doing this in the past but thought nothing of it, but Kostis was saying from up close he's had lies in the rough that were wedge punch-outs that were turned into lies he could hit 3-wood from by doing this. Shocking stuff, and more evidence that Reed is a cheat. He got banned from competing at College for cheating, we've seen the bunker lie improving, and now hearing about this. Something should be done, but it won't, the PGA Tour will bury their head in the sand as they always do, claim Reed is a gentleman on a tour of gentlemen and move on.
What's really interesting about this clip, is that the commentator DID call him out on it quite strongly, and explained the situation very accurately. YET, for whatever reason, the media never picked up on it and start debating it to the point it made headlines. You wonder why? I would have thought someone would have run with it to try and get some traction. Do you think the American mainstream golf broadcasters tried to ensure that this was NOT debated on their programs after mentioned to try and cover it up as best they can?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Clip shows nothing!

Kostis had an opinion about the original lie! Where is the evidence of the "original lie".
You seriously have to be asking the question, why would Peter Kostis make this up ? Then we have all the other incidents. Seriously you think hes not at it ? Give it a break, the bunker footage alone is damning enough

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
That's not the point. So someone has a character flaw - does this mean that driving them who knows where via mass media and social sites is acceptable? It's like some kind of virtual stoning.
I'm sure free speech is a fundamental right, if your in the public eye the public will talk about you. If you do things that are wrong be prepared to be criticised

Swango1980

Visit site
Clip shows nothing!

Kostis had an opinion about the original lie! Where is the evidence of the "original lie".
I'm not sure the clip was being used as conclusive evidence at all? Indeed, it doesn't prove anything. However, what is does show that the pundit (who was potentially an on course pundit, so got up close and personal to the ball) was confident enough to explain that the lie was improved by Reed, to such an extent that he was able to go with a 3 wood that would have been a very unlikely choice to begin with. It is unlikely that the pundit would have said this if it was completely untrue. Unless he had a personal vendetta against Reed, and he just liked to make stuff up for a bit of controversy. I think that is unlikely, particularly with everything else that has cropped up since the "sand" incident.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You seriously have to be asking the question, why would Peter Kostis make this up ? Then we have all the other incidents. Seriously you think hes not at it ? Give it a break, the bunker footage alone is damning enough

I don't need to give anything a break thank you very much.

I deal in facts and the bottom line is that clip shows nothing other than Reed playing his ball and Kostis making an accusation which as far as I can tell (without further evidence) is only his opinion.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't need to give anything a break thank you very much.

I deal in facts and the bottom line is that clip shows nothing other than Reed playing his ball and Kostis making an accusation which as far as I can tell (without further evidence) is only his opinion.
Jacko... he's a cheat ... fact:ROFLMAO:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Nobody is saying the clip shows him cheating though what it shows is Patrick reed going up to his ball, initially pulling out an iron grounding it 4 or 5 times behind the ball then deciding he can actually hit a wood. Peter Kostis who is a very experienced golfer and golf coach had seen the lie and knew theres no way you could hit a wood which is what he says. Do we just dismiss this ? I believe peter kostis when he says what he says, I think there should be an investigation into all alleged instances by The tour, afterall if hes cheating, he is potentially cheating guys out of lots of money. It is their livelihood at the end of the day

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm sure free speech is a fundamental right, if your in the public eye the public will talk about you. If you do things that are wrong be prepared to be criticised
So does this fundamental right extend right up to the point that their mental health is destroyed and they take some form of extremely sad action, or right through until the mob is finally satisfied?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Nobody is saying the clip shows him cheating though what it shows is Patrick reed going up to his ball, initially pulling out an iron grounding it 4 or 5 times behind the ball then deciding he can actually hit a wood. Peter Kostis who is a very experienced golfer and golf coach had seen the lie and knew theres no way you could hit a wood which is what he says. Do we just dismiss this ? I believe peter kostis when he says what he says, I think there should be an investigation into all alleged instances by The tour, afterall if hes cheating, he is potentially cheating guys out of lots of money. It is their livelihood at the end of the day

That clip shows him hitting a wood, doesn't show him using an iron to flatten the lie unless I'm not seeing the full clip!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
That clip shows him hitting a wood, doesn't show him using an iron to flatten the lie unless I'm not seeing the full clip!
The footage does exist, that is just a short clip on Twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if the tour haven't already looked into alot of this, it's not great publicity for anybody so I'm not sure how it will play out but I dont think you have heard the last of it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The footage does exist, that is just a short clip on Twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if the tour haven't already looked into alot of this, it's not great publicity for anybody so I'm not sure how it will play out but I dont think you have heard the last of it.

Well sadly until I see this footage I can't take the word of one man on the subject. Dangerous world to just throw about a statement and take it for gospel without further evidence.

I'm not calling Kostis a liar, I just require it to be backed up properly.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So does this fundamental right extend right up to the point that their mental health is destroyed and they take some form of extremely sad action, or right through until the mob is finally satisfied?
What mob ? Is it wrong for people to call out what they believe to be inherently wrong ? do you want to live in a world where you are told what to say and feel because you might upset someone? if your job is a public figure, part of your job is dealing with the press and public opinion. If you dont cannot take criticism but are willing to be praised get a job out with the public domain, it's not the job for you

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Well sadly until I see this footage I can't take the word of one man on the subject. Dangerous world to just throw about a statement and take it for gospel without further evidence.

I'm not calling Kostis a liar, I just require it to be backed up properly.
CBS or the primary broadcaster will have the footage, do you have an opinion on the other instances or would you require further evidence?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
CBS or the primary broadcaster will have the footage, do you have an opinion on the other instances or would you require further evidence?

Everything needs backed up.

The bunker thing should have lead to a DQ it didn't the PGA decided on a penalty. They dealt with that, rightly or wrongly they did it their way.

All allegations need to be proven and not taken on hearsay which to me this is at present. Back it up or shut up. (Not you - Kostis)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Kostis has pointed to other incidents with reed in the rough, there has been other footage of reed in other bunkers which doesnt look great. It's all painting a picture, if I was reed and I was innocent I'd want the tour to investigate so my name could be cleared. Will Patrick sue for slander ? Let's see