Patrick Reed

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Let's not beat about the bush, the ET just want to sort of force the top guys into playing a certain number of events, rory doesnt really want to play the ET but hes kind of forced into it

Pga tour do the exact same thing. If the guys don't meet the number then they have to play a new event the next year that they haven't played in the previous 4 years. So they either play 15 events plus one new event or play 25 events throughout the year. Also lifetime membership is 20 wins not the 40 on the PGA tour.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Pga tour do the exact same thing. If the guys don't meet the number then they have to play a new event the next year that they haven't played in the previous 4 years. So they either play 15 events plus one new event or play 25 events throughout the year. Also lifetime membership is 20 wins not the 40 on the PGA tour.
It was 40 then, I remember when Phil got his 40th win. They have to play a new event each year, it's the tours way of supporting the smaller events.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s an “honorary” thing - it’s not like in tbe US where you get a card for life etc - the ET allows a player to play in any ET event even if they no longer hold their “Tour Card “ - they also don’t ever have to go through ET qualifying etc but they don’t have a card for life etc. So Rory etc still need to Be able to have the required qualifiying to play in the RC

Woods hasn’t exactly shown himself to be the finest upstanding member of the golfing community on the golf course has he , and DJ issues have been with drugs - again not exactly great for the sport.
I'd say he is pretty upstanding, even if he wanted to he couldn't cheat, every move he makes on a course is recorded. Absolutely not a chance he would knowingly do anything like that

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'd say he is pretty upstanding, even if he wanted to he couldn't cheat, every move he makes on a course is recorded. Absolutely not a chance he would knowingly do anything like that
I'm fully in the woods camp and a paid up fan boy. But his character can be called into question a lot more than Reid. His past indiscretions are available for all to see and aren't just rumour.

I'm also of the belief that I judge sports stars on their ability and nothing else, so what they do doesn't matter but if it did. I'm sure Woods and djs errors would have me question them more than what someone may have done at college...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s all you’ll say because you’re lying. I’ll call you out without any fear of being wrong. You have NEVER spoken to a tour member about this matter. We all know that without doubt.

I don't.
I used to play with a European Tour member, why shouldn't Kellfire have spoken to one?
I'm sure many of us have.

Having said that, I'm a big Reed fan and am very pleased for the fella.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't.
I used to play with a European Tour member, why shouldn't Kellfire have spoken to one?

Yep to say it’s a definite lie is a bit strong, but kellfire doesn’t do grey, he does strong opinion 🤣🤣🤣 Patrick Reed seems ok, same as the rest of the self obsessed man children on tour. Not saying I’d be any different

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't.

I didn’t say Kellfire hasn’t spoke to a European tour player. In fact I know I’ve spoken to three at the Ping day Golf monthly hosted a few years ago.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I understand it, he won a major while being an ET member, but don't really agree with it, don't think he's achieved enough to warrant this sort of recognition and be in the same group as guys like Nicklaus, Palmer and Watson. Also as a person not the sort of man I like to see being celebrated. A cheat, a thief, and a largely unpopular man on Tour. You only need to read Slaying the Tiger to find out the sort of person Patrick Reed is. Not someone I will ever support or cheer for.

D

Deleted member 15344

I understand it, he won a major while being an ET member, but don't really agree with it, don't think he's achieved enough to warrant this sort of recognition and be in the same group as guys like Nicklaus, Palmer and Watson. Also as a person not the sort of man I like to see being celebrated. A cheat, a thief, and a largely unpopular man on Tour. You only need to read Slaying the Tiger to find out the sort of person Patrick Reed is. Not someone I will ever support or cheer for.

The highlight bit is off course nothing but rumour and hearsay - nothing concrete has been produced , nothing but rumours

As for unpopular- the list has a number of players who weren’t exactly on top of everyone’s Xmas list

And the players you mention didn’t play on the ET at all , didn’t hold a card even so why should they be given it ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
No smoke without fire. Here are two facts, Reed WAS kicked out of college following those exact accusations, and he was suspended from tournaments while at Georgia for cheating, both of those things are detailed in the book. He's not popular on Tour for a reason, and personally I can't look beyond his past and support him, but fair enough if you can. There are plenty of other players I'd rather support personally.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The highlight bit is off course nothing but rumour and hearsay - nothing concrete has been produced , nothing but rumours

As for unpopular- the list has a number of players who weren’t exactly on top of everyone’s Xmas list

And the players you mention didn’t play on the ET at all , didn’t hold a card even so why should they be given it ?

Yip Jack Nicklaus was absolutely hated by Arnie's army!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
No smoke without fire. Here are two facts, Reed WAS kicked out of college following those exact accusations, and he was suspended from tournaments while at Georgia for cheating, both of those things are detailed in the book. He's not popular on Tour for a reason, and personally I can't look beyond his past and support him, but fair enough if you can. There are plenty of other players I'd rather support personally.
Both literally the worst things anybody can do as a golfer, it's amazing what people will overlook as hearsay and rumour. If you have ever seen or dealt with a cheat at club level you know will know how badly this is viewed upon and rightly so, nothing worse IMO

D

Deleted member 16999

Both literally the worst things anybody can do as a golfer, it's amazing what people will overlook as hearsay and rumour. If you have ever seen or dealt with a cheat at club level you know will know how badly this is viewed upon and rightly so, nothing worse IMO
But the guy who can cheat on his family and the other that sniffs powder are ok, because it wasn’t on the Golf Course?
Can we be sure DJ was never high when he stepped on the 1st tee?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
But the guy who can cheat on his family and the other that sniffs powder are ok, because it wasn’t on the Golf Course?
Can we be sure DJ was never high when he stepped on the 1st tee?
Literally these things are repeated by millions all over the place, both not right of course but non comparable, you would be judging a huge portion of society when there can be all sorts of factors personal and mental that cause people to do drugs or whatever. If you have ever played golf in a tournament with an alleged cheat you will have an idea of what it's like to feel uncomfortable and like you have to observe everything they do.

D

Deleted member 16999

Literally these things are repeated by millions all over the place, both not right of course but non comparable, you would be judging a huge portion of society when there can be all sorts of factors personal and mental that cause people to do drugs or whatever. If you have ever played golf in a tournament with an alleged cheat you will have an idea of what it's like to feel uncomfortable and like you have to observe everything they do.
I seriously think you’ve got your priorities wrong!
Who would I trust?
A. A serial proven cheat?
B. A druggie?
C. An alleged cheat?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Literally a very high percentage of young people have at one time or another taken drugs, you are seriously out of touch if you think differently

D

Deleted member 15344

Literally a very high percentage of young people have at one time or another taken drugs, you are seriously out of touch if you think differently
I’m struggling to find your point ?

Because some people take drugs we should not take it as seriously ?

There is no proof that Reed has cheated , none at all , but you have him guilty , until you can proof or provide some sort of proof that Reed cheated it’s nothing but speculation

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've said it before and will again - Patrick Reed is a perfect gentleman.

Just him and his caddy on a practice round at the London Club and me alone on the hole watching, found his ball 50 yards from the pin in quite deep cack, he thanked me, called me sir and proceeded to chip it, one bounce and in the cup.

Gentleman 😉😉 Pat - I've never been called Sir by any of you miserable gits on here 🤔