Patrick Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From what I could make out Reed was saying that he could see an arrow that he draws at the end of the arrow on titleist balls.

The ref should have told him that its not an identifying mark. Many people make these adjustments to the alignment markings.

Does anyone have an actual picture of how reed Marks his ball. Really surprised that hasnt surfaced yet.

I'm also sick of golf refs pussy footing about the players. Reed knows the rules, in this instance he was basically spoon fed what to say to get the outcome he wanted.

Visit site
Think the rules official was weak, Reed walked all over him to get the beneficial ruling. It’s cheating really but the rules official shouldn’t let him do it.

Reed couldn’t possibly have identified his ball, not least because it was the wrong tree but also because it was in a massive tree, full of golf balls, with limited visibility.

He’s probably one of the most talented players out there, he’s class, but he's unbearable.

Mandofred

Visit site
The bunker one looked pretty damning to me.
Cheating?....maybe. Penalized for touching the sand.......yep. Caught breaking the rules.....which a number of players every year do.

Reed is iffy all the way.....but this sheer hatred I don't get. Are people now blaming Reed.....or the refs for "being wimps"? Is the guy who throws an elbow/or flops on the ground in football burned at the stake as some are doing here? Come on......breaking the rules in football is the same thing, but in golf we are ready to get out flamming brands and burn the witches whether there is proof or not.

Golfers are just regular people. Most are honest.....some are iffy.......same as at every golf club in the country.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm generally not in the slightest bit interested in what any specific pro golfer or group of pro golfers are up to, and that applies to Reed no more and no less than any other golfer. If he has transgressed, or is subsequently deemed to have done so by the golf authorities and perhaps just as importantly by his peers, then what will be for him will be. If he hasn't, and all for whom any such transgression would actually matter are happy that he hasn't - then surely case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.