Reed vs Chamblee suit.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Good point, yet even US $750 million is an absurd amount for Reed, even despite his claims in the past to be the best golfer in the world.

I'd understand it a bit more if the country of origin was Iran, as 1.07 billion would be equivalent to US $25,300 . Still a bit too much for Reed, but at least more understandable.

Agree, I think the amounts we typically see in any US court scenarios are pretty much immaterial and always vastly inflated from reality, but I guess they have to put a figure in of some sort so why not reach for the stars. If you win its better to get awarded 10% of 750m than 10% of 75m

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agree, I think the amounts we typically see in any US court scenarios are pretty much immaterial and always vastly inflated from reality, but I guess they have to put a figure in of some sort so why not reach for the stars. If you win its better to get awarded 10% of 750m than 10% of 75m
Also the large sums adds pressure for a settlement to be found before it goes to trial.

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Also, the people behind the university stories about Reed have kept relatively quiet over the stories in the past. Surely they will now be called to testify under oath - could backfire big time.

Newtonuti

Visit site
All I'm going to say, is that thank god we don't have the same legal system in the UK. Where you can get sued for aa beyond a joke amount over something massively trivial.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why? Have they made statements in the public domain that have had a significant detrimental affect on Reed and his livelihood?

They gave interviews to golf magazines which formed the basis for articles about Reed's alleged behaviour that I would had a significant effect on how attractive Reed would be to potential sponsors. So yes, potentially they've cost him money.